What's new

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
The innocence of The Titanic love story between Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, the delighting two stars who anchor the grand spectacle, is why the spectacular action that marks the second half of the more than 3-hour running time works. The chasm of class, the hubris of man, the spectacle of invention, and the wonder of love and humanity are threads woven through this once in a lifetime film experience. Arriving on 4K for the first time, in standard and collector’s edition packaging, this is reference disc quality and an absolute treat for fans of the film and fans of big cinema.

Titanic (1997)

Released: 19 Dec 1997
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 194 min

Director: James Cameron
Genre: Drama, Romance

Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane
Writer(s): James Cameron

Plot: A seventeen-year-old aristocrat...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Thanks for the review, Neil. There’s a shot in previous releases that stick out like a sore thumb- it’s looking down onto the deck, where one can easily spot CGI people walking about. I wonder if the UHD upgrade calls even more attention to this and other digital enhancements.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I wonder if the UHD upgrade calls even more attention to this and other digital enhancements.
I'm sure it does, but the only fix would be to George Lucas the effects, and that would open up a big ol' can of online outrage.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Got my copy early this morning from Amazon. Firing it up soon.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
No one “deserves” an Oscar nomination. It is earned.

That's a lovely sentiment, and perhaps it might even be true in some alternate fairy tale universe where shiny gold trophies are given out based on merit. But in our actual reality, Oscar nominations are little more than a popularity contest and a measure of whose PR team can spend more money on their publicity campaign.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
That's a lovely sentiment, and perhaps it might even be true in some alternate fairy tale universe where shiny gold trophies are given out based on merit. But in our actual reality, Oscar nominations are little more than a popularity contest and a measure of whose PR team can spend more money on their publicity campaign.
Well….if you say so I guess. 😆

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I’m still very much of the belief that Rose could’ve scooted over by an inch or two. Nonetheless, I’ll be making some of my own budgetary room for this 4K/UHD upgrade, which clearly does float and most definitely rocks the boat.

On a final note, Neil Middlemiss scores high on another great review. Always appreciated.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.