What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Titanic (1997) (4k UHD) (Limited Edition Collector's Boxed Set) (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
51Wp1gPCPfL.jpg

Titanic25_GS_4K_UHD_3D_Oslv.jpg

Titanic25_GS_4K_UHD_3D_Bty.jpg

The beloved, worldwide phenomenon won 11 Academy Awards®*, including Best Picture, and continues to attract new fans 25 years after it was originally released. Now, viewers can experience all of the drama and spectacle in stunning 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision ® and a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack** for the finest visual and audio presentation at home.

TITANIC will be available nationwide in a two-disc set that includes the film on 4K Ultra HD, plus a Blu-ray Disc™boasting more than five hours of new and legacy bonus content, including new interviews with James Cameron, star Kate Winslet, and producer Jon Landau. The set also includes access to a Digital Ultra HD copy of the film.

TITANIC will also debut in a Limited-Edition Collector’s Boxed Set that’s a must-have for fans and perfect for gift giving. This spectacular set includes all of the above along with the following exclusive collectibles in an elegant slipcase:

• A hardcover coffee table book detailing the making of the film’s most iconic scenes
  • A detailed schematic inspired by the actual ship blueprint, highlighting locations of key scenes
  • Movie prop reproductions of a boarding pass, launch viewing ticket, ship menus, and notes from Jack to Rose and Rose to Cal
  • Sheet music for the multi-award-winning hit “My Heart Will Go On”

Bonus content included in both the national and limited-edition releases is detailed below:

Blu-ray™ Bonus Disc

· TITANIC: Stories From the HeartNEW!

Director James Cameron, producer Jon Landau, and star Kate Winslet share memories and favorite moments and recount the challenges of making the greatest love story in cinema history. Go back in time with film clips, photos and behind-the-scenes moments.

· TITANIC: 25 Years Later with James Cameron

James Cameron explores the enduring myths and mysteries of the shipwreck, and mounts tests to see whether Jack could have fit on that raft and survived.

· Behind-the Scenes presentation hosted by Jon Landau—NEW!

Jon Landau introduces a series of behind-the-scenes segments showcasing the making of TITANIC.

· Trailer Presentation hosted by Jon Landau—NEW!

Jon Landau shares an inside glimpse into the marketing of TITANIC with a story of how a 4-minute trailer overseen by the filmmakers was delivered to theatres, instead of the original "action" trailer.

· Fan Poster Art—NEW!

· Reflections on TITANIC (4 parts)

· Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by James Cameron

· Additional Behind-the-Scenes

· Deep-Dive Presentation narrated by James Cameron

· $200,000,001: A Ship’s Odyssey (The TITANIC Crew Video)

· Videomatics

· Visual Effects

· Music Video “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion

· Still Galleries

4K Ultra HD Disc

• Director Commentary by James Cameron
  • Cast and Crew Commentary
  • Historical Commentary by Don Lynch and Ken Marschall

Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet light up the screen in the timeless and unforgettable story of star-crossed lovers set against the backdrop of the legendary and ill-fated maiden voyage of the “unsinkable” TITANIC. The film became the first movie to earn over $1 billion and to date it has generated more than $2.2 billion at the global box office.

TITANIC is rated PG-13 for disaster related peril and violence, nudity, sensuality and brief language.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Waiting for the haters to eventually show up to state they are not buying this! :D

I wouldn't consider myself a hater. However, I have bought this film many times over and it's very difficult to top the 3D presentation. I won't be buying the physical disc but may consider a digital copy once it goes on sale.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
I'm really hoping that a new Blu-Ray version created from the brand new 4K master will be released down the line.

My budget won't allow me to fully move onto 4K for the time being, and I'd like to own the ultimate version of my favourite movie of all time (that being a new Blu - Ray sourced from the new master and whatever new features will be available on the 4K release).

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Some info via the Bits

"I can further confirm that the film is included on a 100GB disc to allow for maximum video and audio data rates. And I’m told reliably by those who have seen the new master that it does feature light photochemical grain—the presentation looks properly cinematic"

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
I'm really hoping that a new Blu-Ray version created from the brand new 4K master will be released down the line.

My budget won't allow me to fully move onto 4K for the time being, and I'd like to own the ultimate version of my favourite movie of all time (that being a new Blu - Ray sourced from the new master and whatever new features will be available on the 4K release).
I sympathize, but might I suggest that you look for a sale-priced UHD player. This will allow you to watch this new release on whatever display you currently have "for the time being", and then when you are able to afford a UHD TV or projector, you will be all set. My UHD disc of Lawrence of Arabia eagerly awaits my buying a new projector, but looks pretty good with my current system.

Given the state of physical media, I wouldn't take bets on a revised Blu-Ray being issued. Plus, if you want the "ultimate version" of your favorite movie, chances are any new Blu-Ray wouldn't include a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I saw recently UHD players were on "rollback" at Walmart, I think around $150 for a Sony player. I was thinking of picking up a spare.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
It'd be really funny (and completely on brand) if Bill Hunt somehow managed to mistake this for a The Abyss UHD.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
One of our favorite films. When it was released on home video back in 1998, we attended a special gala event at a nearby video rental store (Banana Video). One of the store's regular customers was a prop guy for the film. He was also an avid prop collector and he loaned the store a bunch of props from Titanic for display. There were RMS Titanic plates and cups and silverware and other goodies, all stuff that was used during the filming. Out in front of the store was one of the motor cars used as a prop in the film (the one Jack & Rose made love in).

The car was LEFT hand drive and the license plate was printed mirror backwards. Of course, as it appeared in the film, the car was RIGHT hand drive and the license plate read correctly. For those who don't know, this article and video explains why:

https://fstoppers.com/bts/clever-way-james-cameron-dealt-interesting-problem-titanic-430727

Anyway, the video store also had a limited number of litho prints for sale, direct copies of the nude Rose sketch that was used in the film. The prop guy was reportedly friends with James Cameron and obtained Cameron's permission to make copies of the sketch. If I recall correctly, he had about two dozen copies made. We purchased one of them that night and it still hangs in our living room/theater room.

i-5nVbxsG.jpg

If it was THE original sketch, it would be worth a crazy amount of money. As it is, I have no idea what it is worth. Not that it matters, I would never sell it.

Over the years, I've seen other copies for sale (you can find them on eBay right now). But when I look close, I can tell that they are hand-drawn copies, not direct copies. Some of the hand-drawn copies are pretty good, but there's always some little detail I can spot that isn't quite right.

At any rate, despite the fact that I've backed away from collecting movies on disc (preferring to just go with digital purchases due mostly to the lack of shelf space), the 4K Blu-ray of Titanic is most certainly one I will add to my collection. After all, it's one of our favorite films! :)

Mark

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
First post updated with official press release including new details on the deluxe boxed set

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Whichever version I buy (standard 4K release or Collector's Edition), I will buy it via the link here in HTF. I have already pre-ordered the standard 4K release via Ron's link above. But I may switch to the Collector's Edition, depending on price and my gut feeling at the time. :)

Mark

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I suppose this won't be the original theatrical version AS shown in theaters back then, right?
It will be with all the little tweaks here and there...

Ignacio

Agent
Real Name
Ignacio Aguilar
I still remember how crisp the daylight outdoor scenes on the Titanic deck looked back in the day.

Among the best of the Super 35 format (they were shot on 50 ASA stock and Primo lenses with a photochemical finish).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks