What's new

Your new BD titles requests from Twilight Time (1 Viewer)

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Some of their more recent catalog releases were large format titles that have been scanned at 4k or higher:

The King and I
Oklahoma!
Carousel

I think that apart from the activities of trajan007 under his various screen names there is not all that much interest in Doctor Dolittle but hey, we won't tell anybody ;)

It was getting tense on TT's FB page a year or so ago and someone was having a hissy fit about Dolittle. Unless TT kicked it back to Fox, they still seem to be waiting for a 4k scan.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
It was getting tense on TT's FB page a year or so ago and someone was having a hissy fit about Dolittle. Unless TT kicked it back to Fox, they still seem to be waiting for a 4k scan.

I strongly doubt that doing a 4k scan so that TT can release Dolittle makes any commercial sense for Fox. But MAYBE at some point in time they will want to revisit Dolittle and in the process they will also provide a new master to TT.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Which came as a big surprise to me - I just hope that the quality of the discs will be worthy of their large format origins.

I'm guessing they will look better than the DVD's but, only 2.0 sound, from 35mm elements so no overture, intermission, exit music, etc.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I wonder if Twilight Time will release The Sun Also Rises which is coming out on Blu-ray disc in the U. K. next month. This film has always divided movie fans. Some, like me, love the film. Other seem really to despise it.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I wonder if Twilight Time will release The Sun Also Rises which is coming out on Blu-ray disc in the U. K. next month. This film has always divided movie fans. Some, like me, love the film. Other seem really to despise it.

Along those lines, I've been wondering the same about Eyes Of Laura Mars (1978). Indicator indicated (no pun intended) that they'll be releasing this across the pond in the UK around December of this year (2017). I'm wondering the same if TT (assuming they have the rights) would release this here in the USA around the same time. Currently rights held by Sony/Columbia.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I hope that MacKenna's Gold is going to be available via TT; not a great movie but great fun with a very good score.

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator
Along those lines, I've been wondering the same about Eyes Of Laura Mars (1978). Indicator indicated (no pun intended) that they'll be releasing this across the pond in the UK around December of this year (2017). I'm wondering the same if TT (assuming they have the rights) would release this here in the USA around the same time. Currently rights held by Sony/Columbia.

Just rewatched this a few months ago, I'm hoping for a release also. I wonder if the soundtrack has anything to do with the delay.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Just rewatched this a few months ago, I'm hoping for a release also. I wonder if the soundtrack has anything to do with the delay.

If TT were to release this they may not be able to have Streisand song as part of the isolated score.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
If TT were to release this they may not be able to have Streisand song as part of the isolated score.
That's just ...
Nuts_film.jpg
(nuts) ;)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Just a note of thanks to Twilight Time since one of my most cherished requests was just announced, the upcoming September blu-ray release of Beneath the 12 Mile Reef. Maybe these request threads really do help. Overjoyed!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The Care Bears Movie? Really? Come on now.[/Q
UOTE]

Brad here. That one is almost as bad as the idiot who keeps requesting a UHD Blu-ray release of Skatetown USA (1979). I mean what kind of flaming moron wants a movie like that foisted upon the Home Theater public and.....
Oh
Wait.
Shucks, nevermind.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The Care Bears Movie? Really? Come on now.

Brad here. That one is almost as bad as the idiot who keeps requesting a UHD Blu-ray release of Skatetown USA (1979). I mean what kind of flaming moron wants a movie like that foisted upon the Home Theater public and.....
Oh
Wait.
Shucks, nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks