What's new

Your new BD titles requests from Twilight Time (1 Viewer)

JoeDeM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
US1sheet.jpg
Would love to have this.

JoeDeM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
The OCN of The Hallelujah Trail is probably in rather good shape but that doesn't help very much when it is an unpopular large format movie that we are talking about. Across all studios we have to say that compared to the really big titles a lot of others large format productions are released in subpar quality or not at all so The Hallelujah Trail is not exactly a very special case.

How can anything be unpopular with the lovely Lee Remick in it.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Maybe after Krakatoa and Custer are released by Kino Lober.

I thought you were joking but it really looks like Krakatoa will be released by Kino Lorber this summer.

The Last Valley is a much better movie than the other two so it comes as no surprise that this is the one that so far has not been rumored for a release. Krakatoa is so incredibly bad that one wonders what sales potential Kino Lorber sees in a release. Oh well, I guess that now now I do not have to be ashamed asking for proper Blu-rays of movies like The Long Ships, Hercules and the Captive Woman or Carthage in Flames.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
The OCN of The Hallelujah Trail is probably in rather good shape but that doesn't help very much when it is an unpopular large format movie that we are talking about. Across all studios we have to say that compared to the really big titles a lot of others large format productions are released in subpar quality or not at all so The Hallelujah Trail is not exactly a very special case.

TT released Khartoum another Ultra Panavision title and that played about the same number of weeks at Cinerama theatres as The Hallelujah Trail.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
TT released Khartoum another Ultra Panavision title and that played about the same number of weeks at Cinerama theatres as The Hallelujah Trail.

Correct and maybe somebody tossed a coin when MGM decided to do Khartoum and not The Hallelujah Trail.

The reason that there never was a follow up with their last UP/Cinerama title could be a change of policy at MGM or that Khartoum was a test case and due to the income from it being too small MGM never moved forward to release The Hallelujah Trail. Hard to say what goes on at MGM with all the changes in policies and ownership.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Correct and maybe somebody tossed a coin when MGM decided to do Khartoum and not The Hallelujah Trail.

The reason that there never was a follow up with their last UP/Cinerama title could be a change of policy at MGM or that Khartoum was a test case and due to the income from it being too small MGM never moved forward to release The Hallelujah Trail. Hard to say what goes on at MGM with all the changes in policies and ownership.

Khartoum looks great on Blu-ray, Greatest Story Ever Told not so great. Both UP/Cinerama titles released 1965-1966.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Opened this up, saw The Trouble With Angels, and got excited before I realized that it wasn't an announcement of a release. :(

I'd love to retire my DVD-r recorded off TCM, which is much better than the pan & scan DVD that Sony released and which I refused to buy. I believe that I've only watched the widescreen transfer that TCM airs on my 4:3 Trinitron CRT, but it looks nice enough and much better than the DVD screenshots that I've seen. so I suspect that this one is Blu-Ray ready with a modern HD transfer if Sony/Twilight Time was willing.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
From Fox: please, pretty please, Julie Andrews in Star! and Rex Harrison in Doctor Doolittle; also, how about some of those lurid Fox musicals like Down Argentine Way, Weekend in Havana, The Dolly Sisters and I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now.

From Sony: George Stevens' The Talk of the Town, Holiday with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn, You Were Never Lovelier - the better of the two musicals to co-star Rita Hayworth and Fred Astaire; Theodora Runs Wild and The Awful Truth; both co-starring the tragically underrated Irene Dunne.

From MGM, definitely second The Year of Living Dangerously if it doesn't come from WAC first. Would also like to see The Alamo. Don't know who owns the rights to either Oh Heavenly Dog, a charming comedy/caper with Chevy Chase as a private dick transformed into a lovable mutt, and also, Six Weeks, the real tear-jerker costarring Mary Tyler Moore and Dudley Moore, but these too are high on my must see again list.

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
Well I asked TT recently if any roadshows were in the pipeline and they said yes, saying one of them was one of my favorites [DOCTOR DOLITTLE] So I think we will see STAR! and DOLITTLE sometime in the near future[hopefully this year]. Hope to see the TODD-AO title card in DOLITTLE.[since it was missing in the German release]

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I would love to have a Blu-ray of Passione d'amore, which I don't think has had any home entertainment release since VHS. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082883/?ref_=tt_trv_cnn. This is the movie that inspired Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine's Tony winning Best Musical from 1994, Passion.

Also, the PBS TV movie Collected Stories, adapted from the play of the same name. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308125/?ref_=nv_sr_1. I know Twilight Time is mostly focused on theatrical features, but this is just so good, and it never even came out on DVD. I think PBS has forgotten that it exists. Someone should release it.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Well I asked TT recently if any roadshows were in the pipeline and they said yes, saying one of them was one of my favorites [DOCTOR DOLITTLE] So I think we will see STAR! and DOLITTLE sometime in the near future[hopefully this year]. Hope to see the TODD-AO title card in DOLITTLE.[since it was missing in the German release]

The German Dolittle release is quite bad and if Fox had sourced a new master I doubt they would give it to TT.
So I am curious what it will be in the end.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Still stunned we're waiting on choice Columbia/Sony titles like SHAMPOO, THE PASSENGER, and NIGHT OF THE DEMON/CURSE OF THE DEMON, and '90's titles like IN THE COMPANY OF MEN, FARAWAY SO CLOSE! and John Sayles' MEN WITH GUNS & LIMBO.

Wouldn't mind seeing John Frankenheimer's Columbia titles I WALK THE LINE and THE HORSEMEN, either.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

For roadshows since they did Khartoum and it sold out, Hallelujah Trail in the full UP 2.76 - like Khartoum.

p2509_p_v8_aa.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks