What's new

Your new BD titles requests from Twilight Time (2 Viewers)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Some request from Twilight Time - the title and the composer are noted here for reference:

MGM/UA
The Charge of the Light Brigade (1968) - John Addison
The Devil's Brigade (1968) - Alex North
The Hallelujah Trail (1965) - Elmer Bernstein
Hope and Glory (1987) - Peter Martin
The Hospital (1971) - Morris Surdin
The Kentuckian (1955) - Bernard Herrmann, Roy Webb
Lawman (1971) - Jerry Fielding
Lord Love a Duck (1966) - Neal Hefti
The Miracle Worker (1962) - Laurence Rosenthal
Moulin Rouge (1952) - Georges Auric
Sayonara (1957) - Franz Waxman
Tom Jones (1963) - John Addison
Valdez is Coming (1971) - Charles Gross
Von Richthofen and Brown (1971) - Hugo Friedhofer

Sony
The Age of Innocence (1993) - Elmer Bernstein
Avalon (1990) - Randy Newman
Cromwell (1970) - Frank Cordell
The Heroes of Telemark (1965) - Malcolm Arnold
Lost Horizon (1937) - Dimitri Tiomkin
Obsession (1976) - Bernard Herrmann
Pepe (1960) - Johnny Green
See No Evil (1971) - Elmer Bernstein

Fox
Anna and the King of Siam (1946) - Bernard Herrmann
Cinderella Liberty (1973) - John Williams
A Man Called Peter (1955) - Alfred Newman
No Way Out (1950) - Alfred Newman
Three Coins in the Fountain (1954) - Victor Young

You have listed many titles I am anxious to own. LIGHT BRIGADE is out in Europe and I bought it -- it's pretty good, but not stellar. HOPE AND GLORY is a dynamite film about kids growing up in a London war zone (WWII) by John Boorman -- I'm amazed this hasn't been released yet. I did not personally care for THE HALLELUJAH TRAIL (saw it in "Cinerama" on B'way) -- it seemed overdone and monotonous even for this teenage movie lover. Is it possible that THE MIRACLE WORKER, MOULIN ROUGE (out in the UK), TOM JONES and, I would add, THE DEFIANT ONES, haven't yet been included in some deal with a boutique label?

ANNA AND THE KING OF SIAM has a pretty nice HD master, but could use further tweaking for Blu release. Perhaps TT will step up to that plate.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I posted this last night on the TT news and information thread, but this seems to be the appropriate place for it instead.

I don't know how far ranging your plans are for Woody Allen releases (I love what you've done so far), but of his somewhat more recent work I'd love to see 'Deconstructing Harry' and 'Sweet and Lowdown'.

So far as the work of other filmmakers that is considered having limited market appeal, or "cult favorite" status, I'd really love to see 'Hurlyburly', 'North Fork', and 'Gods and Monsters' have a Blu-ray release.

I am also waiting for SWEET AND LOWDOWN, as well as HUSBANDS AND WIVES and THE MANHATTAN MURDER MYSTERY. I believe TT could have access to them all.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
One movie that captivated me during the early 90's, and has become very hard to find, is Andrei Konchalovsky's 'The Inner Circle' (1991) with Tom Hulce, Bob Hoskins, and Lolita Davidovich. I'd love to see a Blu disc.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Would love to see The Hallelujah Trail on Blu-ray. Full 2.76 Ultra Panavision image and 5.1 sound from the 6-tracks shown theatrically.

View attachment 37126

View attachment 37127

I stand to be corrected but hasn't it already been established that the source material is in very poor shape and that the cost to restore it exceeds its value in the current marketplace? I mean if Twilight Time couldn't give us a fresh hi-def transfer of the roadshow Hawaii, what chance does Hallelujah Trail have?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Twilight Time can only release when they're given, & Hawaii & Hallelujah Trail are with MGM, 'nuff said.

I totally get that! I wasn't implying that TT didn't bother or doesn't care but that the source material wasn't there. As you say, it's MGM and short of a "fund me" campaign, it's not going to happen. :(

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I wonder if Sony have done any work on Barabbas & McKenna's Gold?

Even a Barabbas blu-ray utilizing the same transfer as the forced subtitle French release would be a Day One purchase for me. Still, a new transfer would be sublime and an answer to my prayers.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
th

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I stand to be corrected but hasn't it already been established that the source material is in very poor shape and that the cost to restore it exceeds its value in the current marketplace? I mean if Twilight Time couldn't give us a fresh hi-def transfer of the roadshow Hawaii, what chance does Hallelujah Trail have?

The OCN of The Hallelujah Trail is probably in rather good shape but that doesn't help very much when it is an unpopular large format movie that we are talking about. Across all studios we have to say that compared to the really big titles a lot of others large format productions are released in subpar quality or not at all so The Hallelujah Trail is not exactly a very special case.

PGB

Agent
Real Name
Geoffrey Blowers
Re: The Long Gray Line

Sony has a 4k restoration. So it is likely to be on Blu-ray from somebody at some point. Hopefully not Sony themselves as a BDR. Could be with either Twilight Time or perhaps Criterion.

This is wonderful news! Is it likely to be released anytime soon? If you have insider news from Sony, perhaps they can let you know whether they intend offering it for license to a boutique company.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks