What's new

Your new BD titles requests from Twilight Time (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Scars would be great, along with Dracula AD 1972 and The Satanic Rites of Dracula- the latter seemingly having languished in PD hell for years.

Outside of Hammer, I'd love to see special editions of more Bronson films, including Death Wish 3 & 4. (Particularly keen on an isolated score for 3).
Warner owns Dracula AD 1972 and has recently confirmed that they now own Satanic Rites of Dracula. These 2 will most likely be released in their second Hammer volume which should also include Curse of Frankenstein and Horror of Dracula. It was hoped that these would be out this year as a follow-up to last years set but it appears they will not be released until next year.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I had the Laserdisc of Sodom and Gomorrah too. But sold it for quite a bit of money about 11-12 years ago. I assumed it would have a good DVD or Blu by now. So I wish I didn't sell it now.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I remember a large group of friends coming over to see the anaglyph 3D broadcast on TV many years ago. It looked terrible.

I love to see 3D Film Archive do the restoration. At the last HTF meet Fox and TT did mention this title for a possible Blu-ray 3D release.

GorillaAtLarge1.jpg

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Warner owns Dracula AD 1972 and has recently confirmed that they now own Satanic Rites of Dracula. These 2 will most likely be released in their second Hammer volume which should also include Curse of Frankenstein and Horror of Dracula. It was hoped that these would be out this year as a follow-up to last years set but it appears they will not be released until next year.

That's great news; thank you Randy. It would be wonderful to finally see Satanic Rites in decent quality.

Jimbo64

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim Potter
Here is an opportunity to let TT (and Fox) know that you want a 3-D Blu-ray release of GORILLA AT LARGE.

We can create a flawless 3-D master for less than $10K using their existing HD scan.

For some reason I thought Fox only had an HD scan of one of the eyes

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Bogart films from the Columbia library (The Harder They Fall, Dead Reckoning, Sahara, Knock on Any Door, Tokyo Joe) Tyrone Power @ Fox (Captain from Castile, Nightmare Alley, The Rains Came, In Old Chicago, The Black Rose)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Bogart films from the Columbia library (The Harder They Fall, Dead Reckoning, Sahara, Knock on Any Door, Tokyo Joe) Tyrone Power @ Fox (Captain from Castile, Nightmare Alley, The Rains Came, In Old Chicago, The Black Rose)
Sahara has been near the top of my most-wanted list for a while.....very surprised TT hasn't released it yet.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Would love to see The Long Grey Line, Tyrone Power's best performance, and would like to have Sahara as well, but the James Belushi version.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Who owns the rights to Inchon (1981) nowadays? That would be an interesting release. It was MGM, correct?

I've thrown my support behind a release of Sodom and Gomorrah elsewhere. I'd love to see that one on blu-ray. I picked up a sealed copy of the widescreen laserdisc after watching the DVD travesty that currently is for sale.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Here is an opportunity to let TT (and Fox) know that you want a 3-D Blu-ray release of GORILLA AT LARGE.

We can create a flawless 3-D master for less than $10K using their existing HD scan.

I cannot imagine anyone buying "Gorilla at Large" from Twilight Time unless it is in 3D Blu-ray.

If not in 3D, it is a Mill Creek level of release on a double bill

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Who owns the rights to Inchon (1981) nowadays? That would be an interesting release. It was MGM, correct?

I've thrown my support behind a release of Sodom and Gomorrah elsewhere. I'd love to see that one on blu-ray. I picked up a sealed copy of the widescreen laserdisc after watching the DVD travesty that currently is for sale.

MGM/UA distributed Inchon initially, but it was actually funded by the Unification Church aka the "moonies", so who knows who holds the rights currently.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Thinking of a few outstanding Fox and Columbia/Sony titles— BEDAZZLED, Soderbergh's SOLARIS, Sam Fuller's FORTY GUNS. HELL AND HIGH WATER, UNDERWORLD USA, THE CRIMSON KIMONO and PARK ROW (an MGM title); John Sayles' LIIMBO and MEN WITH GUNS; GERONIMO: AN AMERICAN LEGEND; OUR MAN IN HAVANA; the Dean Martin MATT HELM titles; and, most of all, THE FRESHMAN. I would kill for a nice Blu-Ray of THE FRESHMAN.

I don't think Sony has the video rights to HARD EIGHT or BIG NIGHT anymore but those both seem perfect TT titles. BLUE STEEL (an MGM title via Vestron of all places) is another title that might be in the hands of another company now.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

This film has a second point of interest: a chance to see a young Anne Bancroft, here with Raymond Burr.

Gorilla At Large.JPG

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Dracula AD 1972 is out in Germany

Thank you for the link. I was just about to order this (despite the high price!), when I decided to do a bit of research. Apparently this is a 1080i transfer, possibly with PAL speed-up too. (Sounds like it might be a transfer designed for television). I think it's probably worth waiting for a US release from Warner Bros, which would presumably be 1080/24p.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Thinking of a few outstanding Fox and Columbia/Sony titles— BEDAZZLED, Soderbergh's SOLARIS, Sam Fuller's FORTY GUNS. HELL AND HIGH WATER, UNDERWORLD USA, THE CRIMSON KIMONO and PARK ROW (an MGM title); John Sayles' LIIMBO and MEN WITH GUNS; GERONIMO: AN AMERICAN LEGEND; OUR MAN IN HAVANA; the Dean Martin MATT HELM titles; and, most of all, THE FRESHMAN. I would kill for a nice Blu-Ray of THE FRESHMAN.

I don't think Sony has the video rights to HARD EIGHT or BIG NIGHT anymore but those both seem perfect TT titles. BLUE STEEL (an MGM title via Vestron of all places) is another title that might be in the hands of another company now.
Big Night and Hard Eight may be part of the Samuel Goldwyn package currently handled by Warner. Blue Steel was issued on DVD via Lionsgate in 2007; as part of the Vestron Pictures library, Lionsgate may be the best company to campaign with for a Vestron Collectors' Series edition.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD

MGM released Blue Steel (1990) on DVD. Not sure who picked it up for Blu-ray.

51GV4CFR28L._AC_US218_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks