What's new

Yamaha? (1 Viewer)

I'm pretty new to the home theater scene. I'm looking to purchase a system for a bedroom in my house thats about 10x10. The main system that I'm looking at is the Yamaha YHT340. Is this a pretty good system? I've used Yamaha products in that past and have been very impressed with their recievers but I've never heard any of there speakers. Also does anyone know where I can purchase brackets to hang the speakers from the ceiling? I've found some at Bestbuy but they are $25 each. Is there anywhere that sells them cheaper?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to HTF, John. Since you're asking about a specific brand of speaker I've moved your post here. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level as opposed to recommending specific products. Best of luck.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Try to audition these speakers with the receiver you will be using. If you like the sound, go for it. Everyone has their personal favorites as far as HT equipment, buy only your ears can tell you which sounds the best.

Jamie Doucette

Stunt Coordinator
I believe you are asking about yamaha's Home theater in a box setup. I personally think its a very decent system for what you would pay. I think the one you posted about (YHT340) is an older model, and from what i can find out on a quick internet search is that you can get a newer model (YHT350) for roughly the same price.

Here are some specs:
http://www.yamaha.ca/av/Hometheatre/YHTB350.asp

I've only ever listened to yamaha's higher end speakers so I can't give you a fair opinion on the ones in this system. But I do love yamaha receivers.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
For the speaker mounts, try your local "mart" store (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target Mart) They have some cheap plastic one's for around $15-20 a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks