What's new

Yamaha Or Denon (1 Viewer)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

I agree. With 2 channel music the Yamaha will be able to power those 100's pretty well. The 100's are 8 ohm (I think) so really most receiver can power it....however they are very power hungry for an 8 ohm so driving that with 3 other speaker is a lot to ask for a receiver.

Tim_

Stunt Coordinator
Depends what type of speaker you're running and what you want it to do. For Movie/music in suround sound, I would go with Yamaha only if I'm running 8 or 6 ohm speakers as thats the speaker Yamaha is designed after. If you have 4 ohm speakers, I would recommend you look somewhere else as I paid a lot of time and money to correct my painstaking sound issue with my Yamaha RX-V650 when powering pair of 4 ohm high power consumtion towers. I bought a NAD C352 and now I'm happy as I can be as the sound from the combo is unbeatable. Awesome clarity and good bass responses. I only want to run it in 2 channel and that's what C352 is designed to do.

Not sure what you're budget is but I would strongly recommend NAD T753 for some reserve power or T743 for $300 cheaper solution to T753.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks