What's new

only if ToneWinner from China gain a firm stand in consumers’ faith... (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
...and trust, this Chinese maker could go big internationally to compete with other Japanese Engineering gears!
yes... undeniably on the look of frontal design,
8c9a97b23daaed75f1027bbc67b6dd69e0a9733e.png

the gear looks like a copy or "homage" to Onkyo Integra. but when turned to the back...
15b6a8d7d9eaa971016d5bc9163c833e9fb951d9.png

...it's a different story. remove the cover, and dwell through components...
20765eb39672edee8dafbf10658112263ee25482.png

it's a different breed(from it's "Chinese" identity)!

in selected Asian market, this 11.2ch AT-2000 AVR is priced around the same zone where it competes with Onkyo RZ50, Denon X3800H, Yamaha A6A, Marantz Cine50, Pioneer LX505.

it'll be interesting to see how this "Swordsman" takes on 5 "Samurai"... 😁

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I think I understand what you are saying here @YANG but it’s a bit hard to tell. Language barrier may be at play here.

Chinese manufacturers continue to pivot from copying/stealing designs to making their own advances. More of that will make any number of industries very interesting.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The faceplate is reminiscent of Integra.

FWIW, earlier this year I bought streamer/DACs from a well established British manufacturer as well as an upstart Chinese one. It's interesting to explore the differences, which I'll be writing about. What I see as the biggest obstacle (aside from political issues, which we can just leave on the sideline) is the general lack of official distribution and retail in the US.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I've had general success with a Chinese brand of security cameras but where they fall short [other than documentation which is to be expected] is support and warranty. For a product as complex and expensive as an AV processor this would likely be a non-starter for me. That said, if Tonewinner is serious about establishing themselves in the West, I agree with @JohnRice ; It starts with a trusted US distributor such as Crutchfield or Audio Advice.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've had general success with a Chinese brand of security cameras but where they fall short [other than documentation which is to be expected] is support and warranty. For a product as complex and expensive as an AV processor this would likely be a non-starter for me. That said, if Tonewinner is serious about establishing themselves in the West, I agree with @JohnRice ; It starts with a trusted US distributor such as Crutchfield or Audio Advice.
As far as the Chinese streamer I got, I love it, but it is a bit funky. I can deal with that on a streamer/DAC, but no way I will accept it on something like a surround receiver or processor.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There are Chinese brands like Anker, DJI and Bambu really hitting their stride. Chines panel manufacturing is catching up fast.
Anker makes some very nice, small computer peripherals. I have a new USB hub coming at this moment to replace one that blew up yesterday.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Anker has a subsidiary, Eufy, that makes a really good baby monitor and has really good customer service for their products. I broke the monitor accidentally, it was my fault, it was out of warranty, and they still overnighted me a replacement at no cost.

YANG

Screenwriter
and... one level above the AT-2000,
here's ToneWinner's 13.3ch uber-highend model, the AT-3000! for the moment...
224906l2xq33r88rx33i3d.png

in the other forum, some members would try to relate the design to PROCELLA AVR-1680. however no matter how i try to pick out the questionable area, front the front to the back... there's nothing common between them except, both are Made In China!​

YANG

Screenwriter
230823vbx0tspsbdfqpqbz.jpg

this is the upcoming Procella's first AVR,
model #1680 which according to Procella...
cc3d209590784f64989d8f3da6d79225474d3ffa.png

...is coming into the market in 2H'23.

u might wonder, why is Procella brought into this thread? well... look at the first pic again and picture what will it look like if u remove the row of XLR outputs, speaker terminals arranged in slanted ways...​

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Does ToneWinner have a subsidiary producing (or rather, distributing) high quality, bench-made erhus? Now that I'd definitely wanna try out... ;):D

I'm currently considering getting into the erhu, but it seems kinda hard to figure out from over here in USA (unlike western stringed instruments). Seems I basically have to buy/import from overseas instead (w/ all the usual issues on top of the lack of knowledge, experience and support over here) although some makers may have some (very) minimal local shop(?) presence somewhere over here I guess...

But yeah, as others pointed out, would be pretty hard to gain much interest/access in the American market until/unless they can build some trustworthy enough distribution and support over here...

For myself, I may just stick w/ my Anthem AVM-60 for a very long while until it dies or something... and even then, might not have much interest in an AVR anyway... though ToneWinner presumably also makes prepros...

_Man_

YANG

Screenwriter
only one who imports and distribute ToneWinner products will know the hidden secret...
d581ac36b943c0c0e139a5122cbb80ce58dba5b0.png

...yup, it's a ToneWinner AT-2900 that had been around since the 1st half of this year, depite the difference in frontal looks, where Procella would resonates to Trinnov AVR appearance.​

YANG

Screenwriter
...But yeah, as others pointed out, would be pretty hard to gain much interest/access in the American market until/unless they can build some trustworthy enough distribution and support over here...

For myself, I may just stick w/ my Anthem AVM-60 for a very long while until it dies or something... and even then, might not have much interest in an AVR anyway... though ToneWinner presumably also makes prepros...

_Man_
just to point out, i'm not a mainland born Chinese, but rather a true overseas born Chinese. the starting of this thread is to bring attention to owners who had bought ToneWinner's ATMOS/DTS-X preamp processors and amplifiers, telling them that TW had made numbers of AVRs available not just domestically to Mainland China market, but also spec'ed for global distribution as well.

the entrance of ToneWinner into the saturated market of AVR that's mostly Japanese Branded, should be considered as an amateur competitor, not a threat. and undeniably, they have a long way to go... to gain support and recognition thru sales and penetration into certain markets, as an alternate option standing beside Western-engineered makes and Japanese-engineered makes.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If I were shopping for a new, medium/high-end AVR, i”d rule ToneWinner out for not having any name-brand or otherwise reputable room correction system. They have some text about setting about sound spots and parametric corrections. But at a glance, I don’t come away with any confidence that they have anything even like Audyssey.

Also, no Ethernet port, which would also rule it out for me.

Since there’s no price listed or way to buy it apparent, I don’t know if it’s so low cost that such quirks are set aside by the more adventurous or value-oriented tech enthusiast?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks