What's new

Yamaha Or Denon (1 Viewer)

chris_bester

Agent
lol that is so very true Evan. I am a Pround owner of a Yamaha
RX-V995 (5.1) & all Paradigm set-up just looking @ going 7.1 :)

Shiu

Second Unit

Very funny, but true. How many people who claimed a Yamaha RX-V2400/2500 sound better a Denon AVR3805 or vice versa A/B them on the same speakers in the same acoustic environment, using the same source?

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
"How many people... A/B them on the same speakers in the same acoustic environment, using the same source?" Me, for one. And ya know what, chris_b - even then the sound or preferences sometimes changed from day to day. There are so many variables (time of day, humidity, your mood, your sobriety, etc.) that even with controlling for the rest of the system being the same your perceptions & preferences can change almost daily. In the end my brother-in-law got my elderly 995 and it doesn't matter to you what I chose. Believe everyone here - both lines are very well built, are feature rich, can sound wonderful, and the bottom line is you cannot lose.

chris_bester

Agent
thanx for the Input everyone I am almost 100% sure I am gonna go with the Yamaha RX-V2500 just gotta go give it an audition.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator

Evan, have I ever mentioned about not to buy the Yamaha in my thread? I've only recommended the Denon because I had a bad experience with the Yamaha receiver. And plus the Denon do sound really nice. There's no need for your sarcasm over my thread... I just don't like ppl think that they are all that...and know it all...

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
Geez, Al - that's kinda how your post sounded to me, too. I'll maybe sorta agree that Evan swung the pendulum just as far the opposite way, but your comment did come across as "I had one. I had a bad experience. Therefore you (and everyone reading) should get the other". At least to me...

It's human nature, really - we all do that. What I found most telling was the punchline - I had A, I demo'd a bunch of B - and in the end I put my money on C. And that really changes nothing, Chris - A, B, and C all make very good stuff. Give 'em a listen, choose the features that matter to you, and enjoy!

chris_bester

Agent
I have been very happy with my Yamaha RX-v995 (5.1) I have had it for about 5 years now thinking about the Yamaha RX-2500 (7.1) myself because I am use to Yamaha DSP's & couldnt be happier with there sound & quality & I have no problems with them. I just wish Yamaha would come out with a nice looking dvd player with hdmi & Dvi & upconversion or what ever its called to make it 720p 1080i etc. (like the Denon DVD-1900 or DVD-2900)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

hmmmmmmm.....ooookkkkk.... Kinda calling the kettle black there Al...LOL!!

Anyway...Chris, glad to hear you have settled on a receiver. It really was a win win situation since they were all great receivers. Best of luck to you.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Evan, perhaps you can read it carefully again before jumping into conclusion... I recommended the Denon and never mentioned about "never buy the Yamaha". I just had a bad experience w/ it... Other ppl might like it... that's all... Don't put words in my mouth and start blah blahing...

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Hey Chris, what kind of Paradigm speakers do you own? I have never heard a Yammie/Digm' combo so I am interested to hear what you think of the combination. Especially with the new Yammie receivers that to me have very different sound characteristics than the older ones.

Not sure what a blah blahing is or when I did this but I think we need to move on Al....nothing is getting accomplished here.

chris_bester

Agent
Right now I have Paradigm Titans as Mains.....Paradigm CC-170 center & Paradigm Atoms as rears/surrounds & a shitty Sony sub. it sounds pretty good. I am looking @ getting a Paradigm PDR-12 subwoofer to match my current set-up then save up & buy Paradigm Studio/100 mains Paradigm Studio cc-570 center Paradigm ADP-470 Surrounds & Paradigm Servo-15 Subwoofer & in the mean time if I can get a great deal on the Yamaha RX-2500 I will buy it. (probally wait until the new models come out to get a better deal)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Sounds like a good plan. If I can make one suggestion....if you are looking at getting Studio 100's and a cc570 in the distant future you may want to think about adding an amp too or getting maybe studio 40's and a 470. The 100's and 570 are absolutely fantastic speakers but they really need a good deal of power to drive them the way they should. What some people do is get a 3 channel amp, or 3 mono blocks, or a 2 channel amp and one monoblock to drive the fronts if they got the 100/570 route, and let the amps on the receiver drive the surrounds.
I don't blame you for waiting to get the receiver until it goes on closeout. I did that and wound up saving $300 on my RX-V2200. I also really like those Titans and Atoms....GREAT speakers for the money.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
hmmmmm Not sure how you mean. Do you mean..use the 2500 to drive the mains and center and 995 to drive the surrounds or something like that? I am not too familiar with the 995. I asume it is a receiver and not an a seperate amp. If it is a receiver than I really do not know how to connect both to drive the speakers.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
TO whomever is going to buy the PDR12 don't those Paradigm subs are awful. I had one and returned it. I wound up with a SVS PB10....about the same price if not less and a MUCH better sub.

Shiu

Second Unit
I had listened to a RX-V2400 driving a pair of Studio 100 in 2 channel music. In fact, I was able to A/B it with a pair of Anthem Separates. The 2400 did a very decent job, no sign of lacking power, not sure how it would do 5.1 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks