What's new

xXx: Uncensored Unrated Director's Cut 4-19 (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I'd take RE2 any day over XXX2. Ice Cube vs Milla Jovovich? Hmmm... Lemme think.:)

Although I never bought XXX, at the time, I found it far better than the recent Bond entries had been. It openly admitted what the Bond films wouldn't admit to becoming, and did it better.

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
My review

Basically, they took all the deleted scenes that were on the original DVD and put them in the film. Now this makes NO sense, as Cohen disparaged many of the scenes in his commentary, yet the DVD is listed as a "Director's Cut." A DC would imply this is the director's preferred cut, but it sure didn't sound it in Cohen's commentary.

Of all the double dips I've seen lately, this one rubs me the wrong way more than any other. They used Cohen's old commentary, so it some times doesn't jive with what's happening on screen. They recycled lots of old stuff and added little new material, and used the same mediocre transfer rather than the superior Superbit transfer.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Since I have no interest in double dipping this dvd could someone describe the death scene of Xander in a spoiler tag?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Andy,

I'm totally with you on this one. It's as bad or worse of a cash in than The Fast and the Furious Tricked Out Edition, The Bourne Identity Explosive Edition or any of these ridiculous "special editions" Hollywood keeps pumping out to promote their new sequels. I used to double dip on DVDs quite frequently, but I've wised up since then and now I hardly ever re-buy new versions of discs I already have. I wish more people would do the same and show Hollywood that they're tired of all these multiple releases. Put out the damn film once and do it the right way! :angry:

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Here is what happens in The Flinal Chapter: The Death of Xander Cage-

Xander Cage walks into a building. Building blows up. His jacket flops onto the street and then part of his scalp with the XXX tatoo

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Rolando

Screenwriter
Did not read the spoiler, just curious. Did they get another actor to play him or do we not see Xander bite it?

Andy Patrizio

Stunt Coordinator
Not only do you never see his face, but the way he dies makes him look like a complete shmuck. He was so on the ball in the movie and here he walks right into his death.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Wow, I am surprised a movie of this 'caliber' already has two pages worth of posts. I completely agree with Anita. It's a shame we have several DVD versions of a crapfest like this and not ONE version of African Queen on DVD. Weep!

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I couldn't care less about Vin Diesel, I was lost as a potential ticket buyer for the sequel when I learned Asia Argento wouldn't be back either.

NO ASIA...NO SALE! ;)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the reason XXX is a good film (of its kind) is because Vin plays a character who is not an ahole. In fact he's got a wicked nice streak.

When I'd last looked at these sorts of films, they typically had a central macho character who is a jerk, both in character and sometimes in real life -- such as that Steven Seagal guy. Or someone a few steps down the evolutionary ladder, like Stallone. Or someone who is a psychopath, like that Charles Bronson guy. Even Eastwood's Dirty Harry had a very standoffish personality.

XXX isn't the only film to have a nice guy, The Transporter did too. But I suspect this is part of why XXX is liked.

Andy, thanks for the review. I think I'll buy the original since they can't be bothered to sync up the commentary track to the new cut properly.

Don

Second Unit
in the New xXx Xander Cage Dies in Bora Bora. Gibbons is Beleived to be Dead in this Movie to. but he is not. and at the end there is Talk about another Triple XXx. any Idea who might be the New one or when part 3 will come out. also Part 2 is Full of Action Scenes a Lot of Shooting/Bullets being fired and Explosions.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Really, the new film has a lot of bullets and explosions? You're kidding, right? I thought it was going to be Ice Cube doing readings from the Bible for 2 hours. :D

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Hollywood seems to be re-releasing DVDs as extended cuts simply with deleted scenes branched in. pathetic.

worst case - Meet The Fockers (and Ray).

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I'll be passing on xXx and saving my money for the Uncensored Unrated Director's Cut Superbit version of "The Pacifier!"

Don

Second Unit
No i'm not Kidding about the Bullets and Explosions in the Beginning. i think it would make a Nice Demo Disk. i was Lucky enough to see a Pre-View of the new triple xXx but why did Xander Cage Die in Bora Bora ?

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
From a marketing standpoint I understand, but storywise, it makes no sense for the next guy to be called xXx. Xander was already called that, and had the tattoo, before he was drafted into service by the Sam Jackson character. It was established that agents are created in this manner regularly, so why all of a sudden would the nickname of one of his draftees be adopted for the next?

And to give him the tattoo...makes as much sense as those SPECTRE agents wearing giveaway octopus rings and bracelets. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.