What's new

XBOX scratches discs ?? (1 Viewer)

Hi, folks.
I think I have noticed circular scratchs on my game disks.
I cannot see them in normal light, but when I shine a torch or a light on it, I see large and small circles on my discs.
I've heard that those circles are not scraches caused by XBOX, but they're marks from manufacturing process, and most of XBOX game discs (if not all) have those circles if looked hard enough. :confused:
Could anyone clarify this please ??
P.S. I know this is different from Japanese XBOX disc scratch happening. Their scratch were tiny dust-like scratches on edge of discs.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Shine a light on some of your dual-layered movie DVDs. I suspect they will look the same...you are probably seeing where the end of game data occurs.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Maybe you should keep your disks away from torches, I cant think that heat is good for the disks at all. :emoji_thumbsup:

Thanks for your input. :rolleyes
I got answers from three different ppl in the other forum.
Circular grooves around the disc are normal. I took a look at my hunter disc after I opened it and it has them as well as my other titles. All xbox game discs have the circular grooves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks