What's new

Xbox and X1 ??? (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
how can i get my xbox hooked up to my x1. i have the hi def connection for my xbox and the component hook up for the x1.
whats the deal. the x1 doen't even show that it is a video source. dam i need my xbox fix:D but i don't now what i'm doing wrong???

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
did you set your xbox to output in progressive? the vga port on the x1 only accepts progressive signals...btw, i don't have an x1, but i think this might be the solution from what i have read.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Mike is correct. Be sure the XBox is set to progressive. There's a bit of a trick to doing this because the dashboard is not progressive and won't show up on the projector.

The easiest way to do this is to hook up the XBox's high def pack and plug the green RCA plug into the RCA video port of the projector. Go to the dashboard and set the XBox's progressive options. When this is done, plug the component cables into the component - VGA converter and back into the X1.

It should be all set. Remember though that the dashboard is not progressive and will never show up. The image will appear when the actual game in the 'box loads up.

Hope this helps.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys. i was like were is the dash board. sh@# did i break something i was thinking. :D Thanks.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Todd and Mike for advice. Man it looks great.
Man what a great picture. man i'm going to have post some pics. what a great projector.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
Thats the only way to go. They need to stop teasing us with halo 2. it can't get better this. can't wait blast the superbowl thru it. i'm painting a football field back there. it's going to be hot. it's party time. thank s for everyones help.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Off topic but I finally got my HD box from Time Warner and it looks awesome. If it looks this good on the X1, I can't imagin how good it must look on the higher end setups.

James_G

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if there are plans for an option to have the dashboard in 480p in any future updates? Is there any particular reason that it isn't, or was it just an oversight?

Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying..

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
i haven't heard anything on the dash board. that was bad development. how are you going to offer most of their games in hd and not have dash bosrd in hd:thumbsdown: i'm not too picky but it bothers me too

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
It is an annoyance, particularly because, as they keep adding more and more features to the dashboard (such as voice-chat, friends online, etc.), it will become a more and more glaring omission. Hopefully they'll figure it out sooner rather than later and make some sort of update.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks