What's new

.mkv to xbox one with 5.1 ? (1 Viewer)

Blindsided46

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
Hey all,
I'm trying to figure out if there is a quick simple way to get my .mkv movies to stream on my X1 while maintaining 5.1 audio.

I have several movies in other formats - .avi, .mp4, and .wmv - that I can stream from my Windows 8 laptop in 6 channel 5.1 just fine. They look and sound just like the Blu Ray. Only downside is that to maintain high quality audio and video in those formats the file sizes are quite large.

I used a couple freeware file converters to no avail. Am I missing something here? I mean the .mkv source file properties list 6 channel audio - and I've set the converter's output settings to say .avi, 6 channel audio, 48Hz etc. etc. but when I stream to my X1 it's still in stereo...video looks great in 1080p! But DD Pro Logic bugs the hell out of me...
I've Googled the crap out of this too but the existing information is extremely outdated.

Any help is much appreciated!

Blindsided46

Auditioning
Real Name
Andy
Grrr I figured as much. I'm really hoping M$ will open this kind of stuff up in future updates...and fix all the other things I'm griping about lol
In any case, love the system. Watching football on Sundays while playing BF4 is badass.
Anyways thanks for the straight answer man lol

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
If you want to use MediaBrowser Server, you can use that, and then browse to it on the XBOX One. It will then stream your MKVs to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks