What's new

XBox and Prologic (1 Viewer)

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I have to fess up, I'm not using XBox in 5.1 :frowning: In fact, I'm only using stereo right now :angry: :thumbsdown:
Anyone running XBox in Prologic? Is it any good?

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I played Tony Hawk and Gotham at my brother-in-law's house last night in Pro-Logic, and it sounded just fine. He doesn't have an optical cable so I couldn't do an A/B comparison, but I have played Gotham at my own house in DD, and while naturally I do prefer it in digital, I didn't think he was missing out on a crucial part of the game or anything by not having it. I think it depends on the game, really. The only game I've played that I would really miss Dolby Digital on is Halo so far. That's just a whole new game with directional sound cues. But all of the games are definitely enhanced by having digital sound, I think Pro-Logic is perfectly servicable for most of them.

Any chance you can upgrade to digital soon? It really is a treat!

ChrisV

Second Unit
My buddy brought his XBox over last night and we played Halo in Prologic because he doesn't have either of the A/V packs. It sounded quite good, considering. I was very impressed.

We'll be grabbing the HD pack today, so that'll be the end of the Prologic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks