What's new

XBox: A favor to ask... (1 Viewer)

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Would someone who owns an XBox, the HighDef-kit, a widescreen high-def TV, and the game DOA3, please do a favor for me?

Will you disconnect the component video connection from your XBox to your TV, and instead hook up the COMPOSITE video connection. Leave the XBox's settings for widescreen as is. Now play DOA3 (since we KNOW that DOA3 supports 16:9). Sure the resolution is much less (480i vs. 480p) with composite, but is the widescreen (anamorphic 16:9) image intact?

I'd really like to know if the widescreen gaming feature works over the composite (and/or s-video) jack, or if it only works over the HD-component outputs.

Thanks a ton!

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i dont have the system or anything, but I can almost guarantee that the widescreen aspect will work regardless of how you connect the system to your tv. I have the ps2, and currently have it connected via COMPOSITE cables, and the widescreen games work fine for me.

hope this helps.

Trey Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Check out my site. I connected it the first day with the composite connections. Then on Sunday I got the High-Def pack. The images there are from both. Bad camera though, so take it for what you will. The pictures are out of order to, but the image is still intact in 16x9. Oh, my television is a Toshiba 57hx81

Kieran Coghlan

Second Unit
Trey,

Thanks. You state on your web site though that when you hooked it up with composite cables, it was on your 27" TV. I don't follow.... so did you ALSO hook it up to your 57" Tosh via composite, or did you only hook it up to the Tosh AFTER you got the HD pack/kit?

Nice web site, BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks