What's new

X-Men Animated Series (1 Viewer)

ShaneMarl

Auditioning
Hey,

I am such a huge fan of the series that aired on FOX from 1992-1997, have there been any talks of releasing season sets on DVD? This show would sell very well as it was very high rated.

Shane

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I believe Disney has the rights. I would have told you fat chance a few months ago, but they seem to have started actually releaseing their cartoons recently.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I can't believe they didn't release season sets to coincide with the movie! The movie's a HUGE success, regardless of the fact that it's a sequel. I read that it's the biggest Memorial Day Weekend opening in history. You'd think there'd be X-Men product all over the place. Somebody really missed the boat on dvds of the animated show. I really hate the dvds that exist at present; I want complete sets or nothing.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Dude, they've missed the boat on SO many different potential tie-ins. They couldn't be bothered to release season sets of Spider-Man when the first or second movie came out. Likewise they missed a huge cash-in when X2 and X3 came out.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I also really like this series, and I would purchase them if they ever arrive on DVD.

This seems like the kind of set that can make a lot of money, so what is stopping Di$ney from releasing it?

Teresa

Grip
I've been wanting this series for YEARS! I'd buy every season/episode, no question. But they have to have the american theme song - to this day every saturday morning I hear the theme song in my head, because I watched x-men every morning when the show was on the air. :)

I'd also buy every season/episode of the 90's spiderman show, even though the 60's show had the better theme song. ;)

Real Name
Seth Thrasher
Re: the Japanese opening titles: As far as the visual aspect goes, I have to give the win to the Japanese version. Just...wow.

Still like the two (1-4, 5) US themes better though...

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I wonder how well the F4 set did with the release of that film and if they are using it as a judge for releasing the other Marvel series.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
They shouldn't, the FF has no where near the status. I can't believe it would be ANY kind of an indicator of the market for the X-Men series...

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
Actually,Tory is right. That would be exactly the type of thing that the studio could use to judge the market for an X-Men set. You may not think it a wise decision, and I would not argue against that point, but it is only natural that sales of one Marvel superhero team DVD set would be used as a benchmark for the potential release of another one. Sure, the Fantastic Four movie was a lesser success, and the FF cartoon is held in lower regard by many (especially the first season), but many factors go into these decisions--- including sales of similar sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks