What's new

X-Box controller haters, REJOICE!!! (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Hong Kong.

Lik Sang are pretty good - I've gotten a bunch of stuff from them in the past.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather have the Japanese controllers.

Is there anyone here in Japan? -or who has connections in Japan? Maybe we can work out a group buy of some kind?

Anyone???

Anyone?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
If lik sang have these devices now, it's usually a pretty good bet they'll show up at Western game importers & thirdparty sellers (like Level Six) very soon.

Jason Price

Second Unit
Ooh, very cool. I don't mind the Xbox controller all that much, but I prefer the button layout on the PS2 controllers. I'll be curious to see some reviews on this...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It looks like people like to use the PS2 controller for everything (X-Box, GameCube, PC). I wonder why Sony hasn't started making third party controllers for other consoles, if not at least PC, because they could make a lot of money.

Oscar_R

Second Unit
I've ordered from Link-Sang before, got a flash linker for my GBA. I was able to pay for my order throug Paypal. Paypal guarrantees satisfactory delivery, otherwise they refund you your money. Although shipping is alot, you're paying for FedEx, very worthwhile.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Just so everyone knows, the Japanese Xbox controller will be the standard controller for North America once the Xbox ships in Japan.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
First I've heard of that, Andy. Got a link to a reference, or is this inside gossip?

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
It was talked about on this forum in a few threads a while back. Plus, I've heard from a few trusted retailers this same info.

I also seem to remember it being reported on IGN (or some similar site a while back)

P.s. Sorry for the utter lack of real confirmation, it was just quite a while ago and I honestly can't remember.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I think that is only a rumor. For one thing, the fact that the controllers have slightly different button layouts is going to cause problems with games that have already been released, if you think about it.

-Dan

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
It's amazing how personal a controller is. I for one love the Xbox controller (I think I'm one of about 8 people worldwide ;) ). My hands are fairly big and my fingers long so I have no problem with it. Feels very comfortable in my hands. What I'm looking forward to is the wireless controller from MadCatz (spelling?). Will have to like the controller first and foremost but the freedom of wireless is compelling.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Jay, you're not the only one that doesn't hate it. It's not my favorite controller ever, but I like it except for a couple of minor ergonomic issues.
I also look forward to the day when cords no longer are necessary. :emoji_thumbsup:
-Dan B

Why is it that PC game accessory companies havent gotten into XBox stuff???
XBox = PC gaming box, IMHO (I own both of course, ;) ).
Gravis, Thrustmaster, even MS make wonderful controllers for the PC. In fact the most popular PC controller for a long time was a PS1 controller clone by Gravis called the GamePad Pro. I still use a USB version of this controller when I play EA Sports games on my PC. (http://www.gravis.com/_images/prod_img_1019_lg.jpg)
Another controller I always felt was superior even to the GamePad Pro was Gravis' own X-Terminator gamepad. This controller is AWESOME!!!
Check out the link: http://www.gravis.com/_images/prod_img_1027_lg.jpg
I used this controller for sports games and space flight sims.
I've been a fan of Gravis controllers on the PC for at least 7 years now and they make quality products. I have used a Thrustmaster flight stick that was commendable and they always get good ratings and carry a strong reputation.
Maybe I'm just too much of a PC-head, but I purchased the XBox because I felt its quality would be able to match what I get on my PC given it was based on PC parts and design. If I'm totally wrong, someone please correct me. If I'm not wrong, then these PC accessories folks need to jump on the XBOX GRAVY TRAIN and started making serious cash. Leave the MadCatz and other wannabes in the dust.
:D

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
I don't completely despise the XBox controller but dammit why does my flashlight turn on everytime I try to switch to my shotgun when playing Halo??? ;)
It's also damn near impossible to hit Ricky Williams with a swing pass using that little black button without looking at the controller first to find it.

ChrisV

Second Unit
That's exactly the problem I have with the controller. The main one, anyway. I can't hit either of the tiny black & white buttons without first looking at the controller. Nothing takes you out of the game faster. :thumbsdown:
I was pretty sure one of the two new consoles would have a Dual Shock killing controller, but I'm afraid that Sony's is still my favorite (except the damn R1 button is starting to stick :frowning: ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks