What's new

would mini monitor make good center? (1 Viewer)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Well I decided to go with mini monitors all around. I couldn't decide between the monitor 7's or minis. I figured I may be well enough with mini though I am still wondering if I made the right choice.

Anyway I didn't get a center yet and was considering getting one as a center. The other one would be used as a back surround for 6.1.

Would this be a good idea, worse or better than getting a CC370?

Thanks

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
If I had to do it all over again I'd get Minis all the way around. I have Monitor 7's as mains and Minis as surrounds, with a CC-370. I can't compare a Mini vs. a CC-370, but I can assure you that the Mini can do the job, if you do go that route. Be advised, though, that shielded Minis are an extra $40-$50 per pair.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You should be able to order shielded Minis in any color offered. Finish should have nothing at all to do with shielding.

6 Minis should work out great. if you have a good spot for the front center. I'm using 3 Titans as rears this weekend (I normally do not have the rear center one hooked up) and it sounds great.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That seems very odd. I'm guessing the enclosures are the same, so what difference would it make? It's the drivers that are shielded, not the enclosures. Strange. For the perfomance series, I was definitely told that shielded could be ordered with any finish, and when I told them I wanted my Titans shielded, they said they had light cherry in stock, but not the black ash that I wanted. I had to order and wait for the black. Interesting.

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks.

As far as the shielding is concerned, I was told the same about the monitor speakers. You can only get the black ash shielded which is kind of strange.

David,

Why would you have gotten minis all around now? I dont know if maybe in the long run if Monitor 7's would be better since I figured the sound would be better than the minis as well as being able to handle more than the minis would.

The minis though are a bit less expensive which depending on your budget it may or may not matter.

Still it looks like I am sticking to minis all around

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
My Studio 20's are close to the TV so to be safe I wanted to get shielded ones. I can confirm that black ash was the only option. I wonder why but I kind of like the black ash so no big deal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks