What's new

Mixing Paradigm speakers - can i do it? (1 Viewer)

morkass

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and would appreciate some opinions.

Back in 2001 I bought a pair of Paradigm Phantom V2 speakers (tower). along with a decent Yamaha amp to run them. They are still in mint condition.

Paradigm has discontinued this line of speaker (in name at least). I really want to set up a 5.1 system, and I love Paradigm's sound. I am moving into a townhouse (relatively small living room) and was thinking about either starting fresh, or adding on to the phantoms i already own.

My question is: will i get good even sound if I set up my phantoms as the fronts, but then buy the Atom (or Mini) Monitors for rears? (the paradigm CC190 for a center channel too). I have been told model of SUB doesnt need to match, so i was going to go with a definitive PRoSub 800.

I am most interested in making sure the sounds are all compatible and that the center will work out with the phantom's as fronts, and the atoms as rears.

Any knowledgeable opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Hi Marc, welcome!

Chances are the most knowledgeable opinion would come from Paradigm directly. I would suggest contacting someone there and asking which of their current center channel speakers will best match with your Phantoms. As you know, it is vitally important for home theater that the front three speakers be properly timbre-matched.

The surrounds and subwoofer are much less critical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks