What's new

Would it be possible to put this option in on DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I would love to have two options when playing DVD movies from the menu:

1. press play the movie and immediatly play the movie

2. press play with trailers and the movie would be just like the movie theater experience. The trailers offered on the DVD would be shown along with the rating screen before ech, and then the DTS and THX intros would play then the movie would play.

Also PLEASE no ads before the movie, just movie trailers, sound trailers, and the movie.

It would be just one more way to make the Home theater closer to the stadium theaters.

Just wondering if it could be done or if there are DVDs out there right now that have the option. Thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Well, on some DVD remotes, pressing play is similar to pressing enter, and a lot of DVD menus default to "play movie," so that is obviously possible.
It should be possible to make an option to play a "theatrical experience" version, with movie trailers and sound trailers before the feature, but the disc's authors would need to design the option, and I don't think anyone has done it yet. I think they might not consider such things, because DVD "previews" would hardly ever be "coming attractions" but "also available" previews. Oh, and space might be a consideration on some special edition discs.
If I ever get in a position where I have control over a DVD, I'll try it, though! :D

Brian E

Screenwriter
Sure it would be possible. Do you want the little animated concession guys too? ;)

M

MaxY

Lets all go out to the snack bar
You know the one with the hot dogs and popcorn dancing. :)
Max

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Hey that would be great too! Just some generic snak food would be great, heh. Candy and drinks in general, heh.
I don't think that space would be a problem, because most DVDs already have trailers on them. It would be nice to have the trailers of up coming movies on there though.
i.e. Lord of The Rings on the Rush Hour 2 DVD.
BTW: Thanks Derek, I will look forward to seeing what you can do when you are in the position to be able to do that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks