What's new

Wonka in widescreen -- things to do (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Come on, what's it gonna hurt to buy this disc even if you don't care for the film? It's only 15 bucks out of your wallet. Just buy it, and then give it away or something. I have no interest in this film, but i'm gonna buy it for two reasons...
1. It's a symbol of what we all did.
2. To show Warner my support for OAR.
But i'll admit after watching the fabulous cast commentary on The Goonies, i'm kind of curious to hear the now grown cast commentary on this film.
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
No disagreement here. But ...
I think more people will buy the widescreen Willy Wonka DVD for the reasons I will:
No OAR = No Sale.
It's a great movie.
It IS now available in OAR.
Plus - some great sounding extras.
I cancelled my preorder when no-widescreen was announced.
I will be re-ordering the widescreen version DVD as soon as I can.
------------------
  • May you be happy and well!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
DVD File is saying that the press release of Wonka in Widescreen is a fake. Is it or not?
Go back and re-read DVDFile. Peter retracted his original story within 24 hours and published confirmation that it was NOT a hoax. He even apologized here on HTF for the confusion, and explained what caused it. Not that I think anyone was "demanding" such an apology...we all realize that this has been a confusing mess since day 1!!! :)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Even if you don't want it personally you could buy it as a Christmas present for someone else. (Maybe you could get some parents to appreciate OAR).
Glenn

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I will be buying this one as well. And Goonies too. I hadn't originally planned on purchasing either of these, but I do like both films. I don't see it as rewarding Warner, but rather driving home the fact that if they release OAR, people will buy the discs, and lots of them. I encourage EVERYONE who want's ALL family films to be OAR!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks