What's new

With the WGA strike, what are you watching on DVD? (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I for one am taking advantage of this strike and catching up on some shows that I never watched when they originally aired.

West Wing - Actually started this one several months before the strike. Never even saw a single minute of the show until now. Currently in the middle of season 3.

Heroes - Currently watching season one (about halfway through) and have season 2 saved on the DVR.

Dexter - Next on the list. Don't have Showtime so I never got to see it.

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season One. I actually didn't start watching this show until mid season two. Just finished season one and I have to say it might be my least favorite.

Battlestar Galactica - Watched the miniseries and the first few episodes of season one. Hasn't drawn me in like Heroes did, but I suspect eventually it will.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Battlestar Galactica - I've watched the miniseries and the first episode of season one. I'm definitely going to keep watching.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I'm almost at the end of my Farscape rewatch marathon. It's been quite a ride.

Oddly, I've noticed that David Kemper - who is often credited as being the shining lights of the show - actually wrote some real stinker episodes (with the notable exception of s2's Look at the Princess trilogy), including the awful "Through the Looking Glass".

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
Almost done with Smallville, started from the beginning a month and half ago and should finish season 6 today.

I'll start Twin Peaks soon and ER Season 8 comes out in 2 weeks.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Battlestar Galactica. Picked up season 1, 2, and 2.5 during the last DDD sale.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Finished watching ``Lost'' S3 on Blu-Ray last week, and just finished watching the series ``Nowhere Man'' this week and am close to finishing ``Star Trek: Voyager'' S5. Am now about a third of the way through ``Jericho'' S1 and I'll resume watching ``Angel'' S1 next week. Have also been working my way through ``Magnum'' S1 and ``Riptide'' S1 on Thursdays and Fridays, along with sundry other shows here and there. Am not missing TV (well, I am a little - darn writers and studios!) at all...

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
Finally (yes, I know I'm about 4-5 years late) am getting around to watching "Firefly". One of those shows that I always meant to watch, but never did. 3 episodes in and I'm liking it quite a bit.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I've had several people recommend I watch 'Firefly'. To be honest, I don't know anything about it. What is the premise? What is another show you can compare it to? I'm not much of a sci-fi or fantasy guy, but I do like 'Heroes'. Still trying to get into Battlestar.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
We just finished the second season of MI-5 (Spooks). We're also trying to go through Big Love, but Netflix is not being cooperative.

However, we're knocking the DVDs back for a while. I started recording Cold Case, NCIS and Without a Trace when each started (over) from episode 1 in syndication over the past couple of weeks, and I've developed a significant backlog already of those series. Without even dipping into the Without a Trace episodes, we're completely set at least into April, given how many original series are still being presented (Eli Stone, Lost, Lipstick Jungle, Breaking Bad, etc.)

When these three series run out, I'll start recording Las Vegas and Monk, another couple of series we missed in first-run.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I just completed Season Six of DS9 (will be starting Season Seven this weekend). Others I am currently working my way through are Andromeda (Season One), Lost (Season Three), and (sporadically) The Invaders (Season One) and Dark Shadows (Season One of the 1966-71 series).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's basically a motley crew of people that travel through space doing what they have to to make money. The cool thing is that they go from planet to planet so they could really change up the show each week. One week, it could be a western and the next, it could be a comedy.

At this point, you may be dissapointed since the hype makes it sound like it was the greatest piece of art in human history but if you can block that out, it's a very fun and enjoyable show.

About the only thing that I would compare it to is Buffy since you can hear Whedon's 'voice' coming through. Not to say that each show and character doesn't have an individual tone but you can tell that both are Whedon's shows.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Cleopatra 2525 :D
And reading more books.
After that... I've got about 20 seasons of unwatched DVD shows.

My wife watches Reality Shows, and they've not stopped on live TV.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Freaks and Geeks (usually put this on to have noise in the background)

My Name is Earl (Just finished the last season so I am currently caught up)

Jericho ( just trying to watch it again before the new season airs in Feb)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks