What's new

With Deep Throat revealed, will we finally get an SE of All the President's Men??? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Irony note for the day: In the article published today in the Washington Post, Woodward reveals he first met Deep Throat in a lower level of the West Wing of the White House.

TimJS

Second Unit

I think the Woodward story in today's Post was probably lifted direct from the introduction/Chapter 1, but we'll have to see.

Tim

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
The original DVD is ok though. I watched it a couple months ago actually. I'd like an SE though.

TimJS

Second Unit
Following up on post 22 above, Woodward's book on Deep Throat, The Secret Man will be in stores next month! Available for pre-order from Amazon .

Don't know if Woodward makes any money off the DVD of All President's Men (doubt it), but if so, we might just get some hastily assembled featurette tacked on to the SE... which would probably make it a must-buy, though I'm sure there will be plenty of other attractions to earn that label. I'm kind of hoping for a PBS mini-series style doc on Watergate, which as some have been noting in the recent coverage, was a much bigger deal than just Woodstein's & DT's collaboration (although they were integral).

Tim

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Tim, PBS did an excellent thirty-year retrospective on the Watergate phenomenon only a year or so ago. I cannot remember, but I think it was presented as part of the Frontline series.

TimJS

Second Unit

Watergate Plus 30 was a special & not Frontline or American Experience. What I am thirsting for is a thorough narrative history like the American Experience Vietnam series. Good thing I'm not hard to please, huh? ;)

Tim

TimJS

Second Unit
I ran across a link to this Sify story on DigitallyObsessed:

Tom Hanks to do `Deep Throat`

Don't know if that boosts or diminishes the likelihood of Felt's participation in supplemental features to an SE of ATPM.

Tim

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Based on reports about Felt's current state of mind, I would seriously doubt much participation from Felt anyhow.

Crawdaddy

TimJS

Second Unit
Crawdaddy:

Based upon reports of Felt's state of mind, I wouldn't think publication of A G-Man's Life: The FBI, Being 'Deep Throat' and the Struggle for Honor in Washington (what a Title!) would be a high-probability proposition either.

One of the (reported) reasons that he came forward was to improve his Grandchildren's financial situation. Only reason I posted above was to show that ATPM & Woodward were not the only options for 'cashing-in' available to Felt.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks