What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Scream (2022) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
cdcc9f40-8336-3109-faa4-0be56589ac8f.png
TWENTY-FIVE YEARS LATER, GHOSTFACE IS BACK
IN THE NEW GLOBAL HIT
5f52b49c-cbc0-4502-f2d6-05d5305ed1b8.png
086ca83f-d701-5973-5d78-9cc7277ec246.jpg
Buy It on Digital March 1, 2022 with To-Die-For Bonus Content!

ON 4K ULTRA HD™, BLU-RAY™ & DVD APRIL 5, 2022

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – Hailed as “a breathless, razor-sharp slasher worthy of the legacy” (Meagan Navarro, Bloody Disgusting), the much-anticipated new SCREAM from Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Media Group arrives for purchase on Digital* March 1, 2022 with killer bonus content. The terror comes home on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on April 5 from Paramount Home Entertainment. In addition, fans can own both the new 2022 movie and the original 1996 hit in a Scream 2-Movie Collection on 4K Ultra HD or Blu-ray.

Certified Fresh® on Rotten Tomatoes®, the new SCREAM reunites Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, and David Arquette who come together to help a group of fresh victims…and uncover a host of new suspects. The Digital, 4K Ultra HD, and Blu-ray releases are gushing with to-die-for bonus content, including deleted scenes, interviews with the new and returning cast, plus a look at the legacy of horror legend Wes Craven:
  • Filmmaker Commentary—The directors, writers and filmmakers reveal the unwritten rules for surviving this genre-busting horror movie.
  • Bloodlines—Catch up with Scream stars Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, and David Arquette for a deep dive into their characters and why they came back for a fresh stab at their favorite horror franchise.
  • New Blood—Meet the new generation of Woodsboro victims and potential killers!
  • In the Shadow of the Master—The cast honor movie maestro Wes Craven and look back on his incredible legacy as the director who redefined horror.
  • Deleted Scenes—Look out! They're back from the dead: see the scenes slashed from the movie.
The SCREAM DVD includes the feature film in standard definition.

SCREAM Synopsis
Twenty-five years after a streak of brutal murders shocked the quiet town of Woodsboro, a terrifying new killer resurrects the Ghostface mask. As the deaths mount, Woodsboro's new targets must seek help from the survivors of the original Ghostface attacks. Now, only Sidney Prescott (Neve Campbell), former sheriff Dewey Riley (David Arquette), and reporter Gale Weathers (Courteney Cox) can find a way to stop the killer when everyone is a suspect. The film also stars Melissa Barrera, Mason Gooding, Jenna Ortega, Jack Quaid, and Marley Shelton.

ScreamMovie.com
FB, IG, TW: @ScreamMovies
#ScreamMovie

PARAMOUNT PICTURES and SPYGLASS MEDIA GROUP Present
A PROJECT X ENTERTAINMENT Production A RADIO SILENCE Film
“SCREAM” MELISSA BARRERA MASON GOODING JENNA ORTEGA JACK QUAID MARLEY SHELTON
with COURTENEY COX DAVID ARQUETTE and NEVE CAMPBELL
Casting by RICH DELIA, CSA Music by BRIAN TYLER Costume Designer EMILY GUNSHOR
Edited by MICHEL ALLER, ACE Production Designer CHAD KEITH
Director of Photography BRETT JUTKIEWICZ Executive Producers KEVIN WILLIAMSON CHAD VILLELLA
GARY BARBER PETER OILLATAGUERRE RON LYNCH CATHY KONRAD MARIANNE MADDALENA
Produced by WILLIAM SHERAK, p.g.a. JAMES VANDERBILT, p.g.a. PAUL NEINSTEIN, p.g.a.
Based on Characters Created by KEVIN WILLIAMSON Written by JAMES VANDERBILT & GUY BUSICK
Directed by MATT BETTINELLI-OLPIN & TYLER GILLETT

SCREAM
Street Dates: March 1, 2022 (Digital)
April 5, 2022 (4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD)

U.S. Rating: R for strong bloody violence, language throughout and some sexual references

*Availability of bonus content varies by digital retailer

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Looking forward to renting this next week from Redbox; the wife and I are big fans of the franchise, and we own the Three-Movie Collection Blu-ray set (plus the fourth film on a standalone Blu).

It didn't get good feedback at all, from what I am reading, which is disappointing, and it left theaters as fast as it went in, which is never a good sign. Why they didn't call this Scream 5 is beyond me...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Why they didn't call this Scream 5 is beyond me...

Because it's more reboot than sequel.

Even though it uses "legacy" characters, it's mainly about new ones.

The studio wants to sell the franchise to a new audience, and calling this a sequel to a 25-year-old movie won't appeal to a younger crowd.

Also, "Scream" did quite well: $81m US, $140m total WW.

$24m budget = nice profit.

It stayed in theaters a couple months. It had pretty decent legs for a horror movie, so I don't know why you think it exited quickly.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, one of the biggest films of the year so far and still tracking in over 200 theaters after 11 weeks. Hardly a quick exit.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

The studio wants to sell the franchise to a new audience, and calling this a sequel to a 25-year-old movie won't appeal to a younger crowd.
I think that the studios don't want to number sequels any more because they don't want to draw attention to how many times they are going to the same well. In terms of marketing, the Star Wars sequels were "The Force Awakens", etc. and not Episodes VII, etc. whereas twenty-some years ago, the marketing highlighted that they were Episodes I, II, and III. Outside of the Iron Man sequels, all the Marvel movies use subtitles and not numbers. Those days are gone because don't want people thinking about how it's Star Wars Part Twelve, Marvel #20 or the upcoming Scream 6.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yep, one of the biggest films of the year so far and still tracking in over 200 theaters after 11 weeks. Hardly a quick exit.

3rd place at US box office through 1/4 of the year ain't bad. Of course, it won't end up there - won't be in the top 10 by the end of the year - but it belies the notion the movie bombed.

Also, @Kaskade1309 claimed it "didn't get good feedback":

76% critics, 81% audience on RT.

So Kaskade was wrong about reviews, audience reaction and ticket sales.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln... :D

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy

The same could be said about Scream 4 and that one was still numbered. Also has the same amount of time since the previous film, 11 years, as Scream 4. 2000-2011/2011-2022. Though I thought both 4 and 5 weren’t very well done.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The same could be said about Scream 4 and that one was still numbered.

True, but I think that one cast Sidney in the fore more than 2022 does.

She pops up way earlier in the film and plays a more active role. This one treats the legacy characters in a more tangential manner, IMO.

In any case, the name change is probably more because "S4" flopped and the studio wants to start fresh.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S

Yeah, I read about that after I posted; I still think there should have been some additional creativity with the titling, which I said about 2018's Halloween and 2011's The Thing.

Also, "Scream" did quite well: $81m US, $140m total WW.

$24m budget = nice profit.

It stayed in theaters a couple months. It had pretty decent legs for a horror movie, so I don't know why you think it exited quickly.
I must have been mistaken about the exiting element -- seems to have disappeared out of the theaters near us like overnight, but it may have been that I just wasn't paying too much attention.

Either way, looking forward to renting it tomorrow...

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
The same could be said about Scream 4 and that one was still numbered. Also has the same amount of time since the previous film, 11 years, as Scream 4. 2000-2011/2011-2022. Though I thought both 4 and 5 weren’t very well done.
We didn't care for part four, either; I can tolerate part three as far as sequels go (the first two are classics, of course, with the first being the best, by far), but once four came around, it felt like the whole "film within a film within a......" tactic had come off the rails. I also didn't like the annoying bitchy female characters leaned on heavily in part four (especially that opening sequence that has you confused as to what's going on until the title card hits the screen, as sexy as those babes were).

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
3rd place at US box office through 1/4 of the year ain't bad. Of course, it won't end up there - won't be in the top 10 by the end of the year - but it belies the notion the movie bombed.

Also, @Kaskade1309 claimed it "didn't get good feedback":

76% critics, 81% audience on RT.

So Kaskade was wrong about reviews, audience reaction and ticket sales.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln... :D
I don't put much, if any, stock in Rotten Tomatoes -- and I have good reason for this sentiment (I actually know a couple of people employed there behind the scenes). So there's that.

Further, all the reviews I've personally read about the film, including some feedback from viewers on Redbox's site and elsewhere, were far from promising -- THAT'S what I was basing my commentary on.

I already explained why I had thought the film came and went in a previous post; I don't necessarily think what I wrote makes me "wrong," as you are so passionate to point out.

I will still reserve my opinion about the actual film until I actually see it (hopefully tomorrow night). I will tell you this, though: the wife and I are not going in with high expectations, so take that as you wish.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Indeed...

And that seems to be the problem with most new material coming out of Hollyweird in a proverbial nutshell. :rolleyes:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Regarding the title choice - without really spoiling anything, the movie is very self-referential and very meta about how both the Scream series and horror films in general work. There’s a specific reason that it has the title it has, and that’s paid off with a joke in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks