What's new

Wireless XBOX for Dummies Thread (1 Viewer)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Ok.
I got my xbox live for Christmas, and I usually don't play as often as I might because I have to unhook my modem from computer, drag it across the room to my xbox, etc.
I was interested in using going wireless, I have read multiple threads, but the terminology is over my head.
Can someone explain, in dummy terms, what I need and how to go about installing it, so I can keep my DSL line to my computer and use the wireless on the XBOX.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Brian, youll need the folllowing or similar.
Netgear Router
Linksys Wireless Bridge

You connect your DSL modem to the the router, then connect your router to your ethernet port on your computer as if the router was your modem. Then you connect the bridge to your XBox ethernet port and your done. I dont think you have to worry about encryption with an XBox, and doubt theres someone outside your house with a laptop sniffing your network. So its basically plug and play. Once you do it youll wonder why you didnt try before, its too easy. If you cannot connect to XBox Live, then click here. Those are instructions on how to configure the above mentioned router to work with XBox Live. After that youre completely set. I reccomend you mess around with the router and find out how it works and what you can customize. After all, you could always reset it to original settings. Hope this helps out you and other people who need help setting this up.

L8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks