What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (Redux) (1 Viewer)

striper93

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen
My Arcam AVR-250 died during the opening of True Detective last week.

Det. Ray came back to life; my receiver, sadly, did not.

We get the world audio we deserve...

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Well my "ideal" might involve some major renovations, the practical would involve some of those up firing speakers, along with this receiver. Compromises, would be nice to not have to make them.......:)

disney32

Auditioning
Real Name
John Burke
Well to have this beautiful av receiver would be the ultimate adventure. To hear the x-wings go on attack of the Death Star in Star Wars,
To feel the Dinosaurs chase you in Jurassic World would place me in the greatest of all adventures. I not only need but want this receiver. I own over 3000 Blu-Ray and DVDs that I only wish can be heard and felt like the theatre. I'm only using TV speakers

RoBare

Auditioning
Real Name
robert
I'd sink this baby into a built-in rack system that's powering full surround and two monster flat screens!

nalane2003

Auditioning
Real Name
Nalane Singh
The Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver would be a huge asset to any home theatre set up, I love the overhead sound and the nine channel amplifier and pretty much everything about it. Thanks for the chance, much appreciated.

slatham174

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven
I would add this receiver plus a pair of wall mounted Golden Ear supersat 70s to my four Golden Ear ceiling Invista speakers I already have installed.

JimMAC

Agent
I thought my HT was great so far with an older 7.1 system. Ideally adding additional ceiling speakers to immerse my family and friends in a sound rich world that would allow them to experience a virtual reality of extreme proportions. Yup, that would be ideal.

StickGonzo

Auditioning
Real Name
Roberto-Juan Gonzalez
Would love to upgrade to an ONKYO ATMOS AVR. My surround processor is old, and badly requires an update. Love the sound of movies in ATMOS!!!

I do have an OPPO Blu-Ray player with hundreds of discs. Am hoping the Hobbit Extended Edition Collection will have Blu-Rays with ATMOS included.

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
My ideal system would be connecting this receiver to my sunfire amp and switch my Polk LSi speaker configuration to a all paradigm signature series configuration and add another SvS sub!!

Baller status.

Shannon

paloseob

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert
My ideal home theater would be the Onkyo receiver, a 65" Samsung SUHD tv, Golden Ears' flagship 5.2 system, and Golden Ears' recommendation for Atmos speakers. And an Octane Turbo XL700 home theater chair. Oh, and a new house, because I'm living in a condo currently!

Deborah Rosen

Auditioning
Real Name
Deborah Rosen
My ideal Atmos home theater setup would make me feel like I was right there, watching the action. Alas, I am totally uneducated about these things and rely on my SO for his expertise in this area. Atmos is a name he knows and gets excited about so count me in please!

avourneen

Auditioning
Real Name
Joel
Sound is the real treat in home theater! A receiver that is as up to date as this one would be a great way to improve on my set up and provide for a listening experience that would blow the family away. This and my new OLED television that is!

I'd love to win this receiver because it'd be a great excuse to add 2 more speakers to upgrade the HT to 9.2 atmos! Thanks for the opportunity!

Ron

royalsua

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Standard 5.2 setup, with wides, and a pair of direct fire speakers on the ceiling. Nice. Thx

alee

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
I'd want an Onkyo TX-NR1030 receiver. I haven't figured out what else yet.

GACrabill

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
My ideal Atmos home theater setup would start with the Onkyo TX-NR1030, keep my NHT speakers, and keep my Velodyne sub. Adding even more speakers would be a new challenge. I would probably use the 'win' as an excuse to upgrade the 67" to a 70"-75".

Rick Pay

Stunt Coordinator
i would add this great receiver to my current setup of Pinnacle SubSonic subwoofer, and Axiom front and rear speaker. This Atmos receiver would replace my decade old current Onkyo TX-SR600 which has given me many years of outstanding Home Theater experiences!

CollinF

Auditioning
Real Name
Collin Fieguth
Currently have a 7.1 set up in my home theater. It would be relatively easy to add more speakers to switch to an Atmos system.. It would like sitting inside of a speaker, literally!

SuzanneB

Stunt Coordinator
I don't want to watch movies, I want to experience them. I want to feel like I am in the movie. My surround system should create a perfectly natural sound that is completely enveloping and not in a blast-me-out-of-my-seat-with-bass sort of way. :) Loud bass rarely means the best sound. I want accuracy, and it takes quality components to achieve that.

Thanks for the chance to win. I'd love to win a receiver upgrade!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks