What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (Redux) (1 Viewer)

randy99

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy KIsh
Because my fiance has no idea what all the black boxes in my media storage center do, so she would never notice, and then I don't have to justify me getting one instead of entering "Free Sleep-Number Bed" contests, which is what she thinks I should be doing with my time and we deparately need.

She can have the bed, I just want the receiver too...and I can't afford both.

KenLV

Auditioning
Real Name
Ken
I've been looking for an excuse to take over the "bonus room" in our house. This might just get my foot in the door with the missus.

I do disagree with the idea that audio equipment should be heard and not seen, today's equipment are things of beauty and compliment any decor.

So my ideal setup would include properly displaying our equipment.

NBPk402

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ron
My current setup is in dire need of moving to the next level (Dolby Atmos), and the Onkyo TX-NR1030 would give me all that i could ever want or need out of my setup.

Laxw09

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack
The Atmos receiver would be the core of my home theater setup. It would connect and drive my PS4/Xbox as well as my speaker setup and plasma tv. My aging receiver does the job but the Atmos would be a huge upgrade.

dbdubb

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
I'd love to have this beast as the brain for my home theater. I can't say what I'll do with atmos, but I can assure you it's in my dreams to find out one day!

TimWalsh

Auditioning
My poor home theater room is in serious need of updating. Still watching 57swx rear projection Hitachi with a Denon avr3802. Finally finished 8 years of undergrad payments and 4 years medical school for the kids. This would start some serious "me" time in the a/v world again.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
The perfect theater? My existing Epson and NHT all-around system with this receiver. Plus, a small refrigerator, unlimited snacks, a camp toilet, and a catheter so I'd never have to move. Oh yeah, eyedrops.

kopkiwi

Auditioning
Real Name
Nick
Home built 88 Special for LCR with Klipsch THX 650 Making up the heights and surrounds. All run beautifully off an Onkyo TX-NR1030

JayhawkLaw

Auditioning
Real Name
David Hall
Let’s say this is my ultimate Atmos system within the realm of possibility. An Onkyo TX-NR1030, of course, fed a signal from an Oppo BD-105D and feeding a signal to a JVC DLA-X500R projector projecting onto a Screen Innovations Black Diamond screen. A full suite of GoldenEar speakers: A pair of Triton 1 towers, a Super Center XXL, four Invisa MPX in-walls for side and rear surrounds and four Invisa HTR 7000 in-ceilings for the Atmos height channels. If additional bass was needed (unlikely), I’d add an SVS SB13-Ultra subwoofer in the rear of the room.

Matt C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
I will be buying my first house soon, and I have been planning on turning the basement into a finished home theater and gaming room. It would be the perfect opportunity to pre-wire an Atmos speaker setup into the walls, to go with the projector system I have planned out!

psyklst

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Just finishing up the 'home theater' in a new house, this would be the PERFECT starting point. Have to include a Samsung 65 4K, speakers TBD, but LOUD.

quendi

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Hughes
This would be the perfect addition to my home theatre so I can watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, extended editions in wonderful surround sound and play music in surround sound for my parties.

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
Having the latest and greatest would be great for a change! That amp would go nicely with my current home theater, and would be a great upgrade to my 12 year old Pioneer Elite receiver. :)

jose54

Auditioning
Real Name
JOSE
I OWN A ONKYO HT-R980 THX-7.1 AND A ONKYO BLUE RAY THX THEY ARE 5 YEARS OLD I WANT TO UP GRATED. THE 9.2 ATOMS SPEAKERS AND ONKYO RECEIVER WOULD GO GREAT WITH MY PANASONIC VIERA.

JeffGu

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff TGutsell
The TX-NR1030 would get me _very_ close to the ideal HT system. Two wishes: 1) I'd love to find an infrared relay that's uncomplicated and reliable to be able to turn the system on/off or mute with a second remote control in another room. 2) I'd like the option of setting up speakers in another room that only use the main zone source. I'd rather not manage zones 1 and 2 separately.

ScottyG

Auditioning
My receiver and speakers are very old. I would love to be able to update to Dolby Atmos and be able to experience the incredible soundtracks on these new Blu-rays I keep buying. I don't know if I would do 7.1.2 or 5.1.4. I really want to listen to Gravity in Atmos! Hopefully I will win - my kids and I will love it and my wife will love that it was free!

Rolando

Screenwriter
I don't just want, I almost need to rebuild a home theatre... This would be the foundation...
Daddy needs some movie time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks