What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (Redux) (1 Viewer)

cthrax

Auditioning
Real Name
Myles
I would of course set this up for home movies, but what I would really enjoy is taking advantage of this sound with some of the new immersive video games that are coming out. Atmos would go a long way towards making Star Wars Battlefront feel more realistic.

camberry

Auditioning
Real Name
Cameron Berry
Ok, dreaming big.

I would make a complete media room with SnapAV™ stuff (don't work there or have a stake in that company, I am just an occasional installer the loves their stuff).

I would get a 160" Acoustically transparent screen (DF-SL-160-AW), 3x Episode® 900 Series In-Wall Speakers for LCR (ES-HT950-IW-7), 4x Episode® 900 Series In-Wall Surround Speakers for side and back (ES-HT950-IWSURR-6), 1 pair Episode® 700 Series In-Ceiling Surround Speakers for ceiling channels (ES-700-ICSURR-6), 4x Episode® ES-SUB-IW-DUAL8 In-Wall Subwoofers (in each wall and SPL tuned), Optoma HD91 LED 1080P projector, Two level Theater seating, AND... a sweet Onkyo Receiver that I won!

*GASP for air*...Ok, I'm done. :D

Richard_T

Second Unit
This Onkyo receiver sure would be an upgrade to my old Yamaha receiver which no longer has a volume knob and is covered in jelly and cookie crumbs!

Four kids will do that every time

Would certainly give me the incentive to get back into the home theater addiction!

Good luck everyone!

DeaconMac

Auditioning
Real Name
Deacon Maccubbin
I used to have a very solid and serviceable Onkyo Receiver - analog - that was a joy to use. But times change, and with it goes otherwise decent equipment. My husband wanted something new so we got a Denon. It's serviceable, too, but seems much more complicated to use. Yes, it does everything, but figuring out how to use it with everything takes some read practice. I'd rather have an Onkyo. This Onkyo will do quite nicely, thank you.

gsvarney

Auditioning
Real Name
Geoff Varney
A more immersive movie watching experience would be awesome. Also, with this beast, maybe I can force my teenager out of *my* basement so I can enjoy my space again.

GregoryK

Agent
This receiver would be enough motivation to upgrade from the 5.1 system that seemed so futuristic when I installed it, oh, 15 years ago...the mind reels at the possibilities. Thanks for the opportunity Onkyo & HTF!

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
My Denon 5803 is over12 years old and can't last much longer. The Denon has no HDMI capability meaning I have to use multi-channel inputs to support HD audio. My home theater could use a qualified upgrade in the receiver department, which I wouldn't able to afford for sometime. It would be nice to catch up to the current standards and take advantage of all the latest and greatest features. Please...please..pick me!

Serg911

Auditioning
Real Name
Sergio
I'm about to replace all of the drywall in my TV viewing room due to too many scars (previous owner had hung too many heavy pictures and such...). Getting this receiver would greatly upgrade my old Marantz SR8002. I'm quite contempt with my less than 1 year old 7.1 Klipsh reference setup as far as Speakers is concerned, and have been thinking about upgrading the receiver.

Also, I have 5 unused klipsh ceiling speakers just waiting for the right moment....getting the gorgeous Onkyo TX-NR1030 would certainly give me a good reason to make holes on the ceiling to accomodate the unused speakers and use them again.

Cheers!

mysticpab

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
Having been stuck with a yamaha RXV795a for the last decade it is time to upgrade, and having the Onkyo TX-NR1030 will bring my setup to the next level! Added power, inputs and so many other features I have yet to experience. I have been a yamaha fan for years, but would relish the opportunity to change to an Onkyo fan!

jordanwalkert

Auditioning
Real Name
Jordan Walker
I would love to win one of these so much as I have grown into quite the audiophile this past year. It's incredible how much of a difference you can hear in audio with the proper equipment and setup. I would finally get to install some upper speakers in the roof for Atmos mixes and the wireless capabilities would be fantastic, as I use my receiver and speakers for many devices! Thanks again for the opportunity :)

linipuppy

Auditioning
Real Name
Frank Garcia
It would be the start of a new home theater in a new home. What a great corner stone on which to build!

Doublethumbs

Auditioning
Real Name
Stephen Henley
I am in the process of building my ideal Atmos theater in my acoustically isolated basement. When it is complete, it will feature a 106” acoustically transparent screen, a 4K projector, full 11.2 surround sound (hopefully with that new receiver), full concession stand and ample comfortable seating for all my friends and family!

Michael Laird

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I would upgrade the Onkyo TX-NR1010 I currently have and add the needed Atmos speakers to flesh out my current 7.1 system. With moving to a new house in a few weeks that has a much larger living room with higher ceilings, this would be the perfect time and opportunity to step up to an Atmos theater. And most importantly, a much easier sell to the wife.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
We no longer have any B&M dealers where I live and was finally able to hear a Dolby Atmos demo over the weekend. I was very impressed! An Onkyo 1030 no less. My HT is getting very long in the teeth and desperately needs an upgrade. Would continue to use my current speakers but would need to add the height channels and with an eye toward eventual replacement of all except the sub, just add another to really bolster the low end.

MichaelGomez

Stunt Coordinator
My ideal HT would be the Onkyo TX-NR1030 pushing my Klipsch reference set with a pair of SVS PC13-Ultra subs. Some kind of 4k TV.

1001100x02

Auditioning
Real Name
John Smith
Well, since I'm in the beginning stages of building my Doctor Who themed home theater, this Onkyo receiver would fit the bill quite nicely! I was looking at a Dolby Atmos setup anyway with a 7.2 configuration and front and rear in ceiling speakers for height. I'm getting Klipsch THX Ultra II speakers as well.

The inspiration for my room is based off the Season 14 wood console room with the entrance through the Police Box!

Attachments

• post-1705-1201573485.jpg
    post-1705-1201573485.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 12

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I'd love to have the receiver for my home theater. I'm hoping to have my new heater set up in my new home later his year.
I'm planning on seeing mission impossible with Dolby atmos sound. Can't wait!!!

whiteout

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
Well I have and outdated receiver It doesn't have HDMI and in need of a new receiver. Receiving this would be a great start in making that happen.

cstegall

Auditioning
Real Name
Cary Stegall
I'm very happy with my current 7.1 setup, but the Onkyo would allow me to upgrade the surrounds, push the current side surrounds to the back, and use the back surrounds for a front height channel. Although it's a bit of overkill, I could also add a second sub to smooth out the room response. No upgrades are needed for the plasma set - sound is the priority for 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks