Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (Redux)

Boss Hogg

Auditioning
Real Name
John
My old 7.1 just decided to go to receiver heaven after a long relationship. I had to go back to an old 5.1 receiver I still had so a new 9.1 would bring me "Back To The Future".

Lenny Mastrandrea

Auditioning
Real Name
lenny
3 kids can get very expensive. I still using my 13 year old Denon because updating to any quality piece of equipment is not in the cards. An Onkyo Atmos would revitalize the entire movie experience!!

Dan_Sc

Auditioning
With this I could finally convert my Kids Play Room to my Theatre Room (original intent all along!). All wiring is plumbed...just need the Head unit!

JoeDoakes

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
It would provide the perfect interaction with some well spaced speakers

charlottew585

Auditioning
Real Name
charlotte west
I don't know how to really answer this question, because I have never owned one, but of course one that would be compatible with my t.v, sound quality is superb and it would sound like your in a walk-in movie theater. I hope I answered to your satisfaction.

Terry Qualman

Auditioning
winning this receiver will get me out of the stoneage since my current one dosent have hdmi or the duel sub capability.

JimmyWilson

Agent
My Home Theater Setup would consist of the following then:

Onkyo TX-NR1030 AV Receiver (replacing Onkyo HT-6200)

Panasonic 3D BD Player

Optoma HD25LV Projector

Elite 92" Screen

Ready with the Popcorn! Lights, please!!!

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
I have the 9.1 speakers and a 3D Blu-ray player but my Denon receiver is 12 years old............

I'd say this would the dream addition to my home theater.

gdv

Auditioning
Real Name
George Veligdan
I would love to win the Onkyo TX-NR1030 receiver so I can watch and listen to awesome audio/video content! It would complement my NHT speakers, my HSU Research sub, my Sony DVD player, and other stuff I have! Thank you for the chance!

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
I have been living in Tanzania for the last six years and have had to put my AV hobby on hold during this time and just read about all the great advances in sound during the last few years. Now I am coming back to Canada and planning on building the home theatre I have been dreaming about and researching for the last few years. This receiver, plus some bookshelf and surround and ceiling speakers from Aperion or SVS plus an SVS sub would make a great Atmos setup. Thanks to HTF for this great give-away.

wetidlerjr

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill Tidler Jr.
Onkyo TX-NR1030

Pioneer Elite SP-EFS73

Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LR

Klipsch Reference R-12SW

Oppo BDP-105D Darbee Edition

Samsung UN55JS9000

:cool:

LaddR

Auditioning
Media Room Check List:

OPPO Blu-Ray - Check

Speakers - Check

LG 65" OLED 4K - Check

Tivo - Check

Roku - Check

Onkyo TX-NR1030 - Patiently waiting

Aaron W

Auditioning
My setup would include the NR1030, a nice collection of Klipsch speakers, the epson 5030ub and an xbox one. Randomly select me!.....sigh :)

Matt Lebowitz

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
The best Atmos setup elicits a certain reaction from friends and family who have never experienced a well setup private home theater experience. This receiver would drive an Energy ES-18XL, PSB 5Ts, 9C, and 2Bs to help convince the non-believers. The Onkyo TX-NR1030 would fit in perfectly with the home theater in our new rental.

Real Name
Thomas Roberts
This Onkyo TX-NR1030 would be a perfect upgrade for me. I currently have a 5.1 Sony receiver that came as a home theater in a box, although I have upgraded the speakers. I currently have GoldenEar SuperSat 50 as my LCR speakers, and GoldenEar SuperSat 30 as my surround to make a 5.1. My ideal home theater would be:

Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR1030

LCR: GoldenEar SuperSat 50

Surround: GoldenEar 30 (I'd add two more)

Ceiling Speakers: GoldenEar Invisia 60 series (4 of them)

A 7.1.4 setup would be my ideal. I hope to one day add a projector and a screen to my ensemble but right now I really like my 60" LG LED TV.

I'm not to big to beg...PLEASE PLEASE let me win!

YanMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yannick
I have always been more of a PQ person than an AQ person, but ever since I went 5.1 five or so years ago, I have really come to appreciate how a good sound mix can add to a viewing experience. I would love this receiver as an excuse to add more speakers and get an even more immersive audio experience.

Thanks to HTF and Onkyo for the opportunity to win this (again).

Philip>L

Stunt Coordinator
I'd connect this to my 5 Epos bookshelf speakers and my 500 Watt subwoofer, replacing my 18 year old Yamaha RX-V2095 receiver.

Dave-Z

Agent
With many challenges in life, I had to release my last audio system, and this would be a great way to restart a new one.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
I never win anything.... here I go again. My setup includes JVC surround speakers that were two for less then $12.00. I get comments like,

sounds like @ the Movies!!!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badritbneha