Will we ever see JONATHAN LIVINGSTON SEAGULL on DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Ulmer, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Is there even a remote possibility that this unique film will someday come out?

2. TedD

TedD Supporting Actor

I would certainly buy it if it did.

Ted

3. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

With the number of players reaching people's homes this holiday season, there is going to be a market for more family oriented films, and this one was a huge hit when it was released, and if judging by the number of items that are regularly being sought after on ebay is any indication, it is still popular. This film generated a ton of merchandising - I see bids over $100 for the lunchkit that was released. I am sure that with the right treatment (and I don't mean pan and scanning it) this could be a pretty popular catalogue title, not only for the thousands who grew up with it but also the legions of Neil Diamond fans who would go nuts for it. Get a video introduction or commentary by Diamond and you'd certainly have a hit.
    Do I need to set up a campaign page and spam the Neil Diamond newsgroups for this? [​IMG]

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor

5. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Thanks for clearing that up Craig. I never saw this theatrically (was a wee lad back then). I still say that revisiting it properly could do wonders. There wasn't the internet in 1973. A bit of marketing can do wonders.