1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Will this work on Yamaha RX-V1000?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin Rendall, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

If I get a two channel amp for my mains, can I run the rear center pre-out into one of the main-ins, and then wire a rear center to the appropriate speaker posts? Is this safe?

Thanks,

Martin.

2. Danny Owens

Danny Owens Agent

Martin,

It won't be a problem. Your receiver amplifier's input is just a dry input to that particular channel of the amplifier. Once you disconnect the link from the pre amp to the amp, you are free to use that amplifier channel for anything you want. Even an independent outside source.

On the RX-V_ series, the amp is disconnected fron the pre amp by plugging in an RCA connector into the (in your case) the main out. The signal that is plugged into a particular amp input is routed through the amp and the power level signal will be seen on the respective speaker teminals. I.E. Rear center plugged into the left main in causes the amplified signal to be at the left main binding posts.

Danny

3. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

Danny,

Thanks for the information. This will come in handy, when I eventually get a power amp for my mains...

Martin.