What's new

PC to projector for gaming (1 Viewer)

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
I've come back to the experts. Finally bought a projector (Panny AE700) last year. The final piece of the puzzle. A friend of mine suggested that I hook up my computer to my projector to try out a couple racing games. So I ask, what is the easiest way to do this?

I know my receiver (Yamaha RX-V1000) has S-video inputs in the back. Could I just stick an s-video cable from there into my pc along with some RCA cables from the soundcard? Would that work or would I have to run s-video from pc directly into the projector?

Keep in mind that this isn't a permenant thing by any means, just a way to kill a few hours so the easier, the better.

Thanks!

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
AE700 should have a VGA in, that'd be the best route. Just connect the computers video directly to the projector. Then connect the audio separately to the receiver. Make sure you set your games to use the native resolution of the projector for the best image!

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Make sure you also set the game's resolution AND aspect ratio the same as the projector. When I saw Half Life 2 on my 16:9 screen and heard it on my 5.0 home theater system for the first time, it was time to get paranoid baby! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks