Thinking of the Panasonic RP-91 any reason not to....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelly Williams, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Kelly Williams

Hello Gang,
    I’m looking around for a new DVD player after selling the old Pioneer DV-09, got my eye on a Panny DVD-RP91 and prices are hovering the low $400.00 range. Anybody here know of a good reason not to buy this unit problems, something new in the works due out later. I would like to have SACD like the Pioneer DV-47A but it’s not a must have option and it’s a little out of my price range. Another plus for the Panasonic is I can find it in Champagne color to match the Yamaha RX-V1000 ubid slid in on me, the HT gods just couldn’t stand me not having gold or silver equipment in my rack [​IMG] Can somebody here talk me out of the Panasonic.........
    Thanks!
    Kelly

2. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Screenwriter

I wouldn't tak you out of the Panny, it's a solid performer. Its only quirk that might drive some people batty is its inability to show any "Time Remaining" display (either by chapter or title).

If this is a critical feature for you (and it is for some), look at the Denon players instead. However, if you could care less about time remaining displays, then by all means get the Panasonic.

-Lyle J.P.

3. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

I have it and there is no reason I can think of to stop you. And, yes there is always

4. Michael Lomker

Michael Lomker Stunt Coordinator

That Panny is a favorite on all of the forums. Go for it.

5. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

6. Kelly Williams

Thanks for the link, I missed that one some how:b

Kelly