What's new

Will there be 5.1 Gamecube? (1 Viewer)

Brennan Hill

Stunt Coordinator
Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know if there's any chance Nintendo will put out a Gamecube with dolby digital 5.1 output in the near future, say in the next year or two? Really prefer Nintendo in general for the young kids oriented games but I am really having a hard time getting over the lack of dolby digital. I don't have pro-logic II on my reciever, so that's no help either.

Thanks,

Brennan

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Not likely, as the games would have to run on all existing Gamecube hardware. Unless they do some software thicks and market a special adaptor cable for specially made games, I don't think you will see DD 5.1 from Nintendo until the release of their next system.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I just must add that the 5.1 Dolby Prologic II is the most amazing 'matrixed' sound I think I have ever heard... just gotta love them TIEs flying around your head... mmmm

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I was playing RL in my basement (where the theater is) with a friend and he got freaked out when I showed him the sound test with the TIE flying around his head, and I didn't even have DPLII!

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
get yourself denon avr1602 ( really cheap ).

i got avr1802, bought it with gamecube in mind.

WOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!

rogue squadron rocks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks