What's new

Will an Equalizer / Real Time Analyzer help? (1 Viewer)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
My father has an AudioControl C-101 that he can't use. I was wondering if it would benefit the performance of my Paradigm Monitor 7's. I have grown increasingly unsatisfied with the output of my 7's. Seems that the highs are somewhat shrill at louder volumes.

I currently have an Outlaw 950 pre/pro and a Rotel RB-990BX amp (2 x 200wpc) for the Monitor 7's. I have a Carver AV-705x amp (5 x 125wpc) to drive my CC-350 center, ADP-170 sides, and Mini Monitor rears of my 7.1 set-up.

I listen to mostly 2 channel CD's, but am adding to my collection of DVD-A and SACD selections that I play on my Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai DVD player.

I have been toying with the idea of upgrading my speakers starting with the front three first. Thinking of Swan Diva's, Onix Rockets, Axiom, B&W, Paradigm Studio 60's.

Question: Will the addition of this equalizer/analyzer improve the sound of the 7's to the point that my upgraditis will be cured??

Johnny Ayala

Stunt Coordinator
i use an equalizer...and I love what it does.....but keep un mind that you won't be able to use it when listening to Dolby digital, or DTS.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks