What's new

WILD AT HEART (consolidated thread) (2 Viewers)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
What's the region 2 story on Wild at Heart? I thought there was an abortive UK release and then???
Ted

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
When will Wild at Heart be released on DVD?

MGM has the rights to Wild at Heart. Lynch has completed a brand new transfer for this film and may also be doing a 5.1 remix of the soundtrack. This DVD is set to release in the late 2003/early 2004. A new disc was also released on May 12th in the UK with a decent anamorphic transfer.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Oh, I knew that :D
When this thread popped back up a few days ago, I looked at the site and saw that posted update (from last September). I was then going to post here (and comment on the fact that "late 2003" had come and gone and that leaves...), but I got side-tracked and never got around to it.
Joel

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
The rumors were that Lost Highway was being worked on by USA Films but I don't think anymore has been said about the title since USA was purchased by Universal a couple of years ago.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was wondering about Wild at Heart and Lost Highway myself. I was about to head overseas for both.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
On the technical side Lost Highway's DVD could be as ready to go as tomorrow. However, rumor has it Universal is waiting for Robert Blake's murder trial to see a resolution before going ahead. Not wanting the public to think they're capitalizing on a tragedy.

John Sullmeyer

Second Unit
However, rumor has it Universal is waiting for Robert Blake's murder trial to see a resolution before going ahead. Not wanting the public to think they're capitalizing on a tragedy.
This is absurd. Would Universal really do this. I'm wondering if the same legal issues that have plagued Orgazmo being released are also to blame for the delay on Lost Highway. After all, both of these were ready to go minutes before USA got accquired by Univesal.

Ike

Screenwriter
I was wondering about Wild at Heart and Lost Highway myself. I was about to head overseas for both.

I imported both from amazon.co.uk (R2) a while back, and I don't regret it. They aren't terrific DVD's (I think maybe LH has a trailer), but they are decent transfers, they are on DVD, and most importantly, they are anamorphic widescreen. I'd never seen either in widescreen, and both benefit greatly.

I'd stop holding my breath for the American releases and import them.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks, Ike.

The movie is really all I'm interested in. My LD of Wild at Heart is just about unwatchable. I think it must be laser rot.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I have the R0 DVD of Lost Highway and R3 Korean DVD of Wild at Heart. The LH DVD is anamorphic widescreen, and has several interviews. I'd say its probably the best release of this brilliant film out there, and I'm very pleased with it. The WAH DVD is barebones, but the transfer is nice, and the film has a little more added footage of the Bobby Peru death scene.
With Lynch approving the transfer on the R1 DVD, I'll probably get it too.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Justin, do you have that right? The Korean WAH is supposed to be R0 NTSC. I was looking at a German R2 PAL copy of LH. I can't even remember what R3 is. South America, or Australia?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks