What's new

WILD AT HEART (consolidated thread) (1 Viewer)

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
I have the R2. The transfer isn't that great, and it's not Lynch-approved. I liken it to the R4 Lost Highway release... it's adequate enough to get me through until Lynch's approved R1 release.

The R2 is 16X9 and has a 5.1 mix, though.

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
I would hold out for the new Lynch approved transfer. Dugpa.com is still saying it will be released before the end of the year.

H

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Blue Velvet said:
By the time you figure in the shipping, you're looking at almost $30 which is twice the price of the R2 release. Plus, I'm not real keen on PAL-to-NTSC transfers. My JVC player seems to do a better job of converting PAL than some of these transfers.
Jeff

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Try the following CDWOW link. It says "exclusively for MasterCard holders" but I understand it works for everyone:
http://www6.cd-wow.net/index.php?affid=10963
It will save you a dollar on every title. :)
You can also try this offer (this definitely works on all orders):
http://www.cd-wow.com/promotion.php?...27-70423-39833
It's in UK Pounds, but you can choose to have it credited in US Dollars during the checkout process. Should also save you about a dollar.
I know, we Dutch people are cheap. ;)

Tony Mirra

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, but you can't even compare the two. The non-anamorphic Lost Highway from R4 doesn't hold a candle to the new Wild At Heart disc, which looks very good to me. I just watched this last night and was quite impressed. I think too much is being made of this whole "it's not Lynch's approved transfer" thing.
I actually meant the R0 PAL Lost Highway disc from Australia, which is anamorphic and has very good DD 2.0. I'll have to watch the Wild At Heart disc again when it's darker in my living room, because it just didn't look that sharp to me.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I actually meant the R0 PAL Lost Highway disc from Australia, which is anamorphic and has very good DD 2.0.
The Australian Lost Highway may be encoded R0 instead of R4....I have no way of checking. But we're talking about the same disc. I stand corrected about it being non-anamorphic. I just checked and it is anamorphic. I just recalled the quality on the German version being so much better but the audio was so out of sync I couldn't even get through an hour of it, so I opted for the Australian one. Supposedly, the Portugese disc is the best but I have not been able to obtain one.
Jeff

BarryS

Second Unit
The Independent Film Channel (IFC) has been showing Wild At Heart quite a bit in the past couple of months in widescreen. May be worth taping until the DVD comes out.

Vic Cordova

Agent
one of these sites reported that lost highway is slated for a release in the first half of 2004... haven't seen any updates recently, tho... anybody have any useful info?

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Elite Entertainment was not only going to release a special edition of WILD AT HEART on laserdisc, they were planning to release the longer version of the film that played the Cannes Film Festival! Don May told me that when he went into Sam Goldwyn's vaults, there were TWO seperate interpositives for WILD AT HEART, and the Cannes one was one or two reels longer. The project fell apart when Elite was unable to secure Lynch's involvment with the release and the rights lapsed. Don May wanted Lynch's blessing to release the longer Cannes cut, but Lynch never got back to him, so the project died.

Vincent

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Anyone know reliable places where I can order the Korean DVD? KoreanDVDs.com is asking over $11 for shipping to the U.S.

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
Poker Industries (Hong Kong)
Free Shipping over $75
Use Coupon Code DVDPS121531 to get 15% off your order (expires 12/31).
I'm a bit suspicious of the price at Korean DVDs ($9 US)--looks more like a VCD price to me, but maybe it's some kind of special promotion. My personal rule-of-thumb: If it sounds too good to be true ...

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Nope-these are all legit DVD "Budget re-releases" ...I have several $9 discs-BRAZIL, LADYHAWKE, ARMY OF DARKNESS DC, (all are 16x9 and excellent transfers-at least on my Mac )-and Tarkovskys STALKER.

In Korea, a disc will come out at full price, say $23, sell out, then go out of print for while, then is re released at the $9-12 level-usually as a specail studio promotion, often remastered, 16x9'nd, and with extras.

It may then get rereleased yet again later back to full price...

I think the exchange rate also helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks