Wife's dvd list for christmas!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Pete_Jr, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Pete_Jr

Pete_Jr Stunt Coordinator

Well, she gave me the list and really don't see any that I would enjoy. Still I would like to know if any other versions are due out soon. Pretty Woman, The American President, Philadelphia, Shag, You've Got Mail!!

Thanks

Pete

2. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

A Christmas list in October [​IMG] Anyway, no new releases by Christmas for any of these as far as I know.

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Second Unit

Pretty Woman- 10th Anniversary came out a couple of years ago. No news on a rerelease. It widescreen, but not 16x9.

American President- Terrible, terrible picture. One of the worst looking transfer in my whole DVD collection. Would love to see a rerelease, but no news from Warner.

Philadelphia- Barebones DVD. Good picture and sound. A special edtion has been rumored to be coming out for a couple of years.

Shag & You've Got Mail- Both have good transfers. YGM has some extra features, while Shag only has a trailer.

Hope that helps.

4. Christopher D

Christopher D Second Unit

I don't know if you've seen the Budweiser commercial where the girlfriend makes the guy play the Whitney Houston-like music in his convertible to his great embarrassment when his friends drive up, but it looks like about the same thing here. [​IMG]

5. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

As a side note, "You've got Mail" was a re-make of 1930's movie starring Jimmy Stewart called "The Shop Around the Corner". This is a fantastic movie and was just released on DVD last week. Even if you're not into classic movies, you mind find yourself really liking this title and comparing it to the remake.