What's new

Hulu Extraordinary (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This new series, made for the UK version of Disney+, premiered on Hulu today (due to the very adult content).

I really enjoyed it. It's an eight-episode half-hour comedy about Jen, an ordinary 25-year-old Irish woman living in an alternate England where everybody else got superpowers on or near to their 18th birthday. When her more accomplished, better liked young half-sister develops super strength minutes after turning 18, it sends the powerless Jen into an emotional tailspin.

Máiréad Tyers is great as Jen, as is the writing by Emma Moran. It's basically a delayed coming of age story about a young woman, her flatmates, and her exhasperating family, but in a world where the X-Men are normal, and the regular humans are the freaks. Some of the best bits are the moments in the background depicting how a world full of superpowers would differ from our own. Most people use their powers for petty things in their everyday lives, or to make a living. People, at the end of the day, are still people.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pleasant surprise when a second season dropped this week on Hulu. It's a very Irish sense of humor, which I love. All of the characters have grown since the first season, and Jen in particular is less shitty of a person this time around. I hope there's a third season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks