What's new

Widescreen HDTV-ready suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Hi all,
I'm also ready to finally take the plunge into HDTV
But not all the way, so I'm looking at some of the HDTV-ready sets...
Basically, I just want to be able to utilize my prog-scan DVD player.
Also, I may get an HDTV DSS receiver for my DirecTV service soon.
This new set will be used for 50/50 (DVD/Satellite TV) viewing.
We're hoping to stay within the $2k range, so any suggestions are surely appreciated.
I'm currently looking at the Pan PT-47WX42 or Samsung HCL4715W
I want to stay

I didn't know if there's a Toshiba around 46"-49", like the others I mentioned above

I know there's a 42", but I thought the next one up was a 50"

JackS

Supporting Actor
Tom- I've just purchased the Sony KP 46wt500 which is the size range I was looking for also. Several reports of flickering problems with simular Sony models, but hopefully this has been solved with this brand new model. My main reason going for this set was the above average video connectivity. I did hold off for awhile because I did'nt particulary want a silver cabinet but in the end decided it would be acceptible. Pros seemed to outweigh the cons and the possible flicker that may arise ,and which I beleive can be remedied through service if necessary. Also was considering the Mits WS48311 which was several hundred more and didn't appear to be any better than the Sony in direct comparison at the store(although I did like the dark cabinet better). Best of luck with your choice, Jack

Thanks Jack

I never really considered Sony because I've always thought they were overpriced.

Is this model within the same range as the others?

Is is also HDTV-ready and WS?

I gotta look it up on the internet now.. thanks!

JackS

Supporting Actor
Tom- Yes to all questions. MSRP $1899 and typically reduced a little. If interested in this set, keep your eyes open for sales which occur on a regular basis. Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks