Looking for a good, sub-$1000 flat screen TV. Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Scott_J, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

I think it's finally time to replace my 10-year-old 19" Sharp analog set. But I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, so to speak. I want to get a new one because I'm not sure how much longer this one will last. However, I can't afford to get a full blown 50-60" HDTV set. So I'm looking for an interim set I can use for the next few years.

I'm hoping for something in the 27-35" range, flat screen at the minimum - I would like a widescreen LCD/HD-ready, if I can get all that in the $800-1000 range. First off, any recommendations for a good 27-35" flat screen? And can I make it LCD/HD in my price range? In today's paper I saw an ad fof a Samsung 30" 16:9 LCD HD-ready set for $799 (no model # in the ad). Does that seem like a decent deal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Brian_D

Brian_D Agent

Check out the westinghouse lcd's at best buy. I just picked up a 30" for the bedroom and have been very happy with it. It's got 2 sets of component inputs, DVI input, and is HD ready. Their 27" model is similar to the 30" and is in your price range.

3. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Thanks, Brian. Looks like the 27" might work for me. Gotta do some more research on it before I take the plunge, of course.