What's new

Widescreen enhanced! or not? (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi Matt, Looks like you almost have it. It's hard to explain without being in the same room actually demonstrating but enhanced or non enhanced is not really what affects the size of the picture.

Just remember as Micheal said
2.35:1 is 2.35:1 is 2.35:1. It doesn't matter whether or not the disk is anamorphic; a 2.35:1 film should always occupy the same amount of space on a widescreen TV.
trust me enhanced does not mean bigger picture and non enhanced does not mean "the people in this movie are now all short and fat".

the reason you non enhanced movies seem shorter is because your TV is on FULL and it is "squeezing" it down because it thinks and has the extra resolution to account for. BUT IT DOES NOT. you must therefore switch mode. depending on TVs it could be from FULL to ZOOM or THEATER WIDE OR WIDE OR WIDEZOOM OR SOMETHING so that the dimension of the movie in that mode are the EXACT same dimension and take up THE EXACT AMOUNT OF SPACE than if the movie was enhanced and you TV was on FULL.

Hope I got that right. So hard to put to words what you can just show someone in 10 seconds by taking his remote and clicking.

Hope it helps if not I am CERTAIN others will jump in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks