What's new

The Beast of Yucca Flats / Beast from Haunted Cave DVD (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
For those that are fans of this camp classic, I have found a widescreen edition of The Beast of Yucca Flats DVD courtesy of Retromedia. I had no idea this was available. Based on what I've read, and yes I did order it, this could be the definitive DVD until a Blu-ray comes out, if ever.
The listing says "Seen here for the first time in an enhanced widescreen 35mm progressive scan presentation"

I can finally ditch the Wade Williams full screen version and get rid of another DVD that's in one of those horrible snapper cases ! :)

I wanted to share my findings with other fans

Amazon product

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Thanks for the info David. I have THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS (54 min) from Wade Williams in 1.37:1 snapper case. And I do have BEAST FROM HAUNTED CAVE (72 min) from Synapse Films in 1.85:1. This also includes a booklet from Gene Warren and is the full version with added scenes filmed from a few years later (the Retro says the same thing).

So, for that price I'll pick up YUCCA for my collection....just ordered.

Last edited:

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
According to what Ive read this also has an extended opening scene with the topless woman. I cant wait to watch this, I should have it today and see how this looks !

I have Retromedia's Beast from Haunted Cave on Blu-ray (paired with The Wasp Woman) too but I don't mind owning it on DVD as long as I have a great DVD quality release of The Beast from Yucca Flats in its OAR ! :)

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I was pleased with the PQ, there is more information and the sides. The top and bottom seemed to be slightly cropped but I didnt think it was such a big deal. The image is clean just like the Image DVD. The nude scene at the beginning is longer too. This was a great pickup !

Watch it get a Blu-ray now that I bought the DVD ! Isnt that how it always works :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scoundrel
Recent bookmarks