What's new

why am i... ? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
... So unmotivated at work? I have so much to do it seems, and I just can't get my brain around it.

Is it the weather (Feb 21st and it's 65 degrees and sunny in Baltimore)?

Is anyone else this slothful these days?

Sheesh. Blah. [head down on desk]

MC

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
There are some times that you just have to be in the right frame of mind, or 'zone', to do certain tasks at work. If I'm not in the zone, I try some other task (and I'm just as overworked as you are). There seems to be plenty of things to work on.
Of course, deadlines don't seem to be so forgiving of this approach. :)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I hear ya man.

Peter Gibbons: So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Therapist: What about today? Is today the worst day of your life?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Therapist: Wow, that's messed up!

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
just got back from vacation at lunch, and i'm already surfin...

shoulda been back from vacation this morning but that hockey game kept me up till late :p

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
It's like it's never ending...

And then, everything I actually do, every three steps I take, some manager comes back with two steps I should take BACK.

It's like, I'm tired and constantly being punched in the stomach. I'm outa breath.

And the "short bus" maintenance crew is completely annoying outside my office door. Does your maintanence crew repeat the same "sayings" over and over every day? They're like pull-string dolls! They only say eight things!

[head down on desk again]

ARG.

MC

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'm right there with ya Micah. Slept in, rolled in the office late, took and early lunch that lasted almost 2 hours and I'm leaving early, 3:00.
Oh, I've got work to do, but I'll do it tomorrow......tomorrow.........tomorrow.
Edit: I've done nothing all day except surf the net.
Peace Out~:D

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Sorry I thought you were asking "Who am I" and my reply would have been Jean ValJean(Les Miserables..nevermind:))
or 24601
Brent

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I was getting tons of work done earlier this week, but today its just too nice out. Not to mention the fact that they're repainting and recarpetting our office, which is tons of noise and distractions, as well as fumes.

Today has been a wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks