What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release WHV Press Release: In The Heights (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
the point isn't the expiration... the point is that new printings of disc physical media releases *NO LONGER INCLUDES* the slip in the first place. that's the shocking part, they used to add "expire" all the time... but it would work decades afterwards.

the STRIPPING OUT of the card is a process that is news to me. i haven't ever remembered that with older blu-ray releases even after multiple repressing from mfr plants they have always included codes it is almost a must.

it always worked for me, haven't encountered any that hasn't.

There has to be at least one disc somewhere since digital became a thing which was repressed without a code.

Now, I'm confused by what you're talking about as how do you know there isn't a digital card?

I think the goalposts for the conversation have changed and I'm pretty much out. If I follow along, I think we're now talking about a repressing of a disc which had digital in the first place and doesn't have digital in the repressing. Either way, I'm out.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think the goalposts for the conversation have changed and I'm pretty much out. If I follow along, I think we're now talking about a repressing of a disc which had digital in the first place and doesn't have digital in the repressing. Either way, I'm out.
Yeah, I'm out too!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
apologies for the confusion.

so let's say WB presses 20,000 copies of dark knight 4k trilogy, i don't know if that is a real number, i'm just making a number up. and those first 20,000 copies comes with digital copies, right? ok so all 20,000 copies sell out in all the distribution, amazon, target, best buy wherever. it's gone.

now they know fans will continue to buy this, so they make another pressing, maybe 10,000 copies of dark knight trilogy.... but this time minus the digital codes completely, so now it goes out into the same places amazon, target, best buy, etc. but minus digital copies.

that's what is happening right now for that title the dark knight trilogy 4k. the initial batches had codes, now they dont come with any. you must now purchase that separately at online digital retailers.

but i know that in the past... WB would make every pressing of blurays come with digital copies, i have never seen the subsequent batches of disc pressings be WITHOUT digital copies.

like if it came out with digital... every single pressing of the media... would always come with digital copies.

so this practice of physically removing digital copies subsequent mfr releases... is news to me is kind of my point.

Yeah, I'm out too!

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
It's in 640 theaters today, and drops to 450 on Thursday, going down to 122 on Friday (likely more will come in later today and beyond).

It's doing under two hundred dollars per theater - and that was last week. However much people may love it, it is a total disaster.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

[/par

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Ordered! Thanks for posting, Ron. Although I'm assuming both of those prices will go way down before release...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarinyanaka
Recent bookmarks