What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: Three Thousand Years of Longing (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
GEORGE MILLER’S

Three Thousand Years of Longing

3000YEARLONG_DOM_BDOSLV_FINALSKEW_2D_1000822655[1][1].jpg

ARRIVES ON 4K, BLU-RAY AND DVD

FROM MGM AND

WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

ON 11/15

Burbank, CA, September 27 – Academy Award winning director George Miller’s (Happy Feet, the Mad Max franchise, The Witches of Eastwick) fantasy romantic drama Three Thousand Years of Longing, from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and United Artists Releasing, will be released on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD on 11/15, it was announced today by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

Directed by Miller from a screenplay by Miller and Augusta Gore, the film is based on the short story “The Djinn in the Nightingale’s Eye “by A.S. Byatt. The film stars Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton and is produced by Miller and Doug Mitchell.

Three Thousand Years of Longing will be available on 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD on 11/15. The 4K UHD Blu-ray disc features the film in 4K with HDR. The Blu-ray disc features the film in hi-definition and the DVD features the film in standard definition.

Ultra HD* showcases 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and a wider color spectrum, offering consumers brighter, deeper, more lifelike colors for a home entertainment viewing experience like never before.

SYNOPSIS

Dr Alithea Binnie (Tilda Swinton) is an academic...a creature of reason. While in Istanbul, she happens to encounter a Djinn (Idris Elba) who offers her three wishes in exchange for his freedom. At first, she doubts that he is real and she knows all the cautionary tales of wishes gone wrong. But the Djinn pleads his case, and eventually she is beguiled and makes a wish that surprises them both!

BASICS

PRODUCT SRP

4K UHD $34.99

Blu-ray $34.98

DVD $29.98

Languages: English

Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish-Latin

Running Time: 107 minutes

Rating: R

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Beckford

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
Most of my Blu-ray purchases these days are vintage (usually pre-60's) movies. But I'll make an exception for this one. Saw it in a theater this week and just loved it. Creative, emotional, eloquent - with an unusual and arresting approach to the supernatural, The colors are to die for, the recreations of lost kingdoms vivid and beguiling. As for the two stars, they're both in magnificent form. Definitely looking forward to adding this one to my Blu-ray collection.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The most accurate description I have read of this movie is “My Dinner With Andre, but with a genie.”

I liked it a lot.

Others in the theater may have been expecting “Mad Max, but with a genie!” and were getting restless.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The most accurate description I have read of this movie is “My Dinner With Andre, but with a genie.”

I liked it a lot.

Others in the theater may have been expecting “Mad Max, but with a genie!” and were getting restless.

Except that, unlike ANDRE, it goes way-y outside of a single setting with a conversation. This film goes everywhere as the stories come to life!

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Except that, unlike ANDRE, it goes way-y outside of a single setting with a conversation. This film goes everywhere as the stories come to life!
True, it is way more visually exciting than My Dinner With Andre.

Now I wish I were a professional movie critic, so that I could see "More visually exciting than My Dinner With Andre!" quoted as a blurb on one of the movie's advertisements.

Lest there be any confusion: I don't mean any of these remarks about My Dinner With Andre as a knock against 3,000 Years of Longing: Both are terrific movies and I highly recommend them.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Funny thing about my experience seeing it: the stars all aligned that day where I had childcare help, a couple free hours, and I saw the movie was playing. I didn’t know anything at all about it, never saw a trailer or poster, but the title was intriguing, so for the first time in ages, I went into the movie truly blind. When the credits began and I saw who the stars and director were, I thought I got pretty lucky for my blind choice.

This isn’t gonna make my all time favorites list or anything but it was a really nice surprise.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Barebones (34Gb of a BD50 disc), but the included Vudu digital copy does give you a few extras.
For those who may not be happy with the lack of extras on the two physical releases, iTunes has this available digitally in 4K with Dolby Vision and Atmos, along with the same extras Vudu includes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks