What's new

Who would win in a fight between 'The Hulk' and 'The Thing'? (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Who, with one reason!
EDIT: I'm sure this has already happened in comic book form, so don't punish my comic book ignorance by informing me of who DID ACTUALLY win - just say who you'd like to win!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I like the Thing better as a character, but the Hulk's strength increases as he gets angrier so I'm pretty sure he could beat ol' Ben Grimm. Unless things have changed, of course. I haven't read a comic book in over ten years...

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. Since the Thing can change into any living thing then, I would guess, it could change into The Hulk and it would be a draw.
Now if it was the Fantastic Four Thing, that would be a no contest, The Hulk would beat him to a pulp.
:)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Geez, everyone's an administrator except me! :frowning: :D
Congrats, Pat!
Just curious, didn't the Hulk's strength increase geometrically the angrier he got? Or was it something else? I don't know, math terminology confuses my poor little brain...

Russ Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
There's a graphic novel from the mid- to late- 80s where they square off. I haven't read it since I bought it, so I've forgotten how it turned out. I'll try to find it and let you know how it turned out after the thread has run its course, assuming you'd want to know.
Off the top of my head, I'd say The Thing, because he's always had more going on upstairs than The Hulk, except for those periods in which Hulk had full access to the Banner brain. If that's the case, I'd go with the green guy.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
As Steve said, the angrier Hulk gets, the stronger he gets.

So the Hulk would win.

If my memory is correct(mind you its been abour 16 years since I read a Marvel Universe)The Thing was able to press about 70 tons, the Hulk was pasrt of a very small Elite class with the likes of Wonder Man, Thor and Hercules - The Hulk was about to press 100+tons.

Come to think of it, I think Hercules and The Hulk were the only 2 people I remember seeing at the 100ton press range.Thor and Wonder Man were at about 90-95. That pretty much makes Herc and Hulk physically the 2 most powerful guys in the Marvel universe.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but Grimm could use his wits and get the Hulk to punch himself out in the first 4-5 rounds, then he would move in and work the body for a few rounds, then he would play some soft music for the Hulk who would revert to Bruce Banner, at which point Grimm would crush his skull.

Go FF!

Actually I think I slightly preferred Hulk comics to FF.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I think that the Hulk would win unless the rest of the Fantastic 4 jumped the Hulk from behind.
You know, there was one artist who drew the invisible woman really well (was it Jim Lee? or someone with his style?). If she looked like that, I kinda hope that she jumps ME from behind. :D
Been a few years, I don't think I have that comic anymore, would have to check my parents' house.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Besides Kirby I always preferred John Byrnes Fantastic Four(until he bagan running out of ideas)

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Come to think of it, I think Hercules and The Hulk were the only 2 people I remember seeing at the 100ton press range.Thor and Wonder Man were at about 90-95. That pretty much makes Herc and Hulk physically the 2 most powerful guys in the Marvel universe.
Actually Jon, Thor is in the 100+ Tons class. As a matter of fact I have a Marvel "Olympics" issue where Thor wins the strength competition over the Hulk and Hercules(Hulk was second). The God of Thunder is the strongest.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
What's the deal with The Thing, anyway? Is he made out of rocks or what? If so, how can you hurt something made out of rock, unless you use a chisel?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks