What's new

Who wins tonight's Vikings / Bears tilt? (1 Viewer)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
My post last week brought the Vikings good luck and a stunning victory over the hapless Giants.
Let's try another prediction:
Vikings 6, Bears 41
Moss and Carter get 8 catches between them for 91 yards and no TDs. Moss announces after the game he is considering retirement.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Bill,

Sticking with what work for you last week hey? Lets hope it works. The Bears have a tough defense but their offense is suspect at times. Its indoors at home so the Vikings should play well.

Lets hope for a win.

Patrick

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I think the Bears would score 41 points...in three games. In the dome, against a grass team...take the speed and Vikings have it. Vikings 27 Bears 13
Bruce

bill lopez

Second Unit
The NFL fans win! Usally Sunday nite games have bad team vs. good team. And no doubt when they made up this scheduled game the Bears were the bad team. This is a good matchup, to bad it wasn't on Thanksgiving Day. ;)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Looks pretty bleak for the purple at halftime. :frowning:
Good to see the crowd booing the Vikings offense. Maybe it'll fire 'em up enough to get those 6 points on the board tonight. :laugh:

PatrickM

Screenwriter
The Vikings looked utterly incompetent tonight. Not to take anything away from the Bears defense but you'd figure the Vikings offense was paid off by the Bears defense. When anything was moving along they'd make a big mistake or take a penalty to set themselves back.

And, I've said this before and I'll say it again, Denny Green has no frigging clue on how to manage the clock. The last drive could have been well over a minute longer if they would have had some time management on the drive where the scored the second field goal. They wasted quite a bit of time just standing around. Brutal!

You figure the Vikings should be able to outscore the Bears when the Bears only put up 13 points.

Too bad the Lions and the Bills suck so bad or else the Vikings would have a first overall pick.

Patrick

Michael*K

Screenwriter
DA BEARS!!!
Patrick, you were right. Clock management by the Vikes at the end was just dreadful. They kept trying to pound in that ball from the two and didn't show any sense of urgency in getting back to the huddle. With less than five minutes to go and down by two scores, you need to move to a two-minute offense. Of course, I'm not complaining. :D

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Bruce, you were half right. You got the Bears score correct 13 but you also said they would lose. ;) Soon it will be payback time against the Green Bay cheese packers. ;)

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Well, I got the Vikings score exactly right (6 big points), but I overestimated Moss' and Carter's production. They ended up with 9 catches between them for--are you ready for a good laugh?--70 yards.

Stick a fork in the Vikes.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
Randy Moss was terrible last night. I still wanted the Vikings to lose, but after a while I was starting to feel sorry for them. They just making mistake after mistake - bad penalties at crucial times, bad clock management, bad Randy Moss, etc... Since I have family in Minnesota, normally I root for the Vikings, except, of course, when they play Chicago.
But, hey, I'm just happy the Bears won!:D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Who will win? That depends...is Ditka on da sidelines? If so...Vikings 3, Da Bears 387.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks