What's new

Who has the new pioneer 49txi? (1 Viewer)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I believe they haven't made to any ones doors yet because of that strike going on at the seaports on the west coast they are alltied up over their and won'be delivered until tha problem is solved.

Daniel Smith

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I think a few have made it into the retail channel. One board - the flagship receiver forum - has reports of someone with one already and the new Pioneer DVD player as well.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
My question would be: how is this receiver handling SACD/DSD decoding if you hook their new universal player up via its FireWire connection? There doesn't seem to be any indication if the decoding of the DSD stream in the receiver is being thrown out of whack by being changed into PCM, or if it is pure DSD from start to finish.

Dan

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I work for UPS and seen a box for a 49txi about a week ago.
Wish I could have taken it home there :D I think I was the only one who knew what it was, keep starring and studying the box...lol

DanielSmi

Second Unit
The 49txi doesn not convert the DSD to PCM it keep it in DSD form from start to finish.

Daniel Smith

Ron Newsome

Stunt Coordinator
Daniel, are you absolutely sure about that? So you are certain that Bass Management and Time Alignment are performed in the DSD domain.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I am according to what the Pioneer reprentative said at CEDIA this year
According to Pioneer representative John Bass, the new DV-47ai player is internally unchanged from its DV-47a predecessor, except for the new digital connection and a limited on-board bass management and time alignment capability. Intriguingly, the company claims that SACD bitstreams remain in their native DSD format, without conversion to PCM.
You can read more here.
Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks